Building an Imperial jetbike

ron

Thought I might post this here instead of tutorials since this is a little more "Pre-Heresy" than other sections.

If I've got the wrong section, I apologize.

I've finished a tutorial for an all plastic Imperial jetbike for those looking to build one.

It's fairly involved and a bit expensive but aren't all things Pre-Heresy?

Here's the link to the full thing on my blog.

Enjoy.

I'm not a gamer though so I don't model

What!?!?!? :blink: ;) :huh:

I am not a gamer either, but I enjoy modelling immensely. ALthough I have little talent, I have little practice, and I am slowly improving. I can see the differences from when I first began, and I know all the lingo (drybrushing, basecoating etc.) as well.

You should really try it.

I am not a gamer either, but I enjoy modelling immensely. ALthough I have little talent, I have little practice, and I am slowly improving. I can see the differences from when I first began, and I know all the lingo (drybrushing, basecoating etc.) as well.

:to:

I have painted... four(?) minis after buying the AoBR set and I am terrible, so I wont bother.

I do not do failure.

OT:

From my perspective the guide is quite good and simple, from what I read.

Basically same thing with me. I game occassionally...but mostly I like modelling. Not painting though cause I can't really do that. My true love for the 40k world is the fluff and story telling part, however.

Back on topic now:

Seems good enough for the librarium if you ask me. Nice work.

What!?!?!? :blink: :) :huh:

I have painted... four(?) minis after buying the AoBR set and I am terrible, so I wont bother.

I do not do failure.

I was terrible too! (I'm not kidding, if people had seen my original standard of painting some hobbyistists would be in tears) But I practiced at it, I got better, and now I I paint... better. :D

Its not just about painting either. I personally love kitbashing and using random bitz to drastically improve the model. That alone made me keep going, as I originally shared your sentiment. But those marine were posed so well I felt I couldn't let them down. So I didn't.

Also, sculpting. Frikkin awesome. What got me hooked on that was recent, as I was messing arounf for the first time with Green Stuff, and I made a perfect blood drop. I said to myself, "Self, if you don't make a Deathwatch team so that you can have this in your army, I will be very dissapointed." I was not dissapointed :D

Sorry, it kind-of freaked me out that you didn't model. For me, its the chicken (right next to the steak known as fluff :P ) that you can cook any way you want.

Archived