Painting Mud...

Bloodmange

Hey, I dont know if my search-fu is off but could anyone point me in the direction of how to paint mud on tanks? I'm not looking to just stipple some brown on, I wanted a bit more of a caked on look especially toward the back for Rhinos, Predators, and Land Raiders.

Personally for mud id paint it as the following:

paint a layer of Scorched Brown over the 'clean' paint scheme with a second layer of Bestial Brown allowing the first layer to be seen and then a final layer of Vermin Brown. Perhaps highlight parts with a lighter colour of brown. Wet mud is more simple with only the Bestial Brown and Vermin Brown with a few darker tones mixed in as well.

For a sort of caked on effect you might want to try mixing a little PVA glue into it.

They used to have a nice tutorial under the Black Templars before the update which had (the one with hyper realism, extreme highlight etc-if anyone knows how to find it or know its content I'd be most grateful if you PM'd me.).

Hope that helps :D

That actually does help, I decided to go with this method though. I found it yesturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx1e6ooh8PA

That video is a brilliant tutorial! I’ll have to give that a shot sometime

Best of luck with your painting, you'll have to show us the finished product sometime :tu:

• 1 month later...

Archived