Possible new information on the missing Primarchs

While reading through Thousand Sons, I found a bit of dialogue between Mortarion and Magnus at Ullanor, saying that Ullanor wasn't the first time so many Primarchs had been in one place, and that the Emperor had forbidden anyone to speak about it. Could this possibly be hinting at a Trial of one of the missing Primarchs, similar to what happens to Magnus? After all, what other reason could the Emperor have for covering up a meeting of the Primarchs?

I believe they are referring to the "council at Nikaea" event where Magnus is censored on the use of "sorcery". I am currently reading the novel now, and this event predates the events in the novel, and I would imagine the this council would have had all the primarchs in attendence.

I believe they are referring to the "council at Nikaea" event where Magnus is censored on the use of "sorcery". I am currently reading the novel now, and this event predates the events in the novel, and I would imagine the this council would have had all the primarchs in attendence.

pretty sure it says this on the back of the book, but...

Nikea happens 2/3rds of the way through A Thousand Sons

Damn you Mcneil....Damn you to HELL!!!!

besides that, INTERESTING!!!!

Exactly my response on reading it. Especially as McNeill taunts us by having Mortarion cut Magnus off just before Magnus says where it was, or what it was for. Exact quote:

'Brother,' said Magnus, ignoring Mortarion's words, 'A great day is it not? Nine sons of the Emperor gathered together on one world, such a thing has not happened since...'

'I know well when it was, Magnus,' said Mortarion, his voice robust and resolute in contrast to his pallid features. 'And the Emperor forbade us to speak of it again. Did you disobey that command?'

Archived