Grimfoe Games Grand Opening Tournament

JamesI

Or me. :D

There will be prize support as though we charged an entry fee. We are featuring this event during our Grand Opening and feel that actually charging an entry fee, would make the event less "grand."

We plan to have lots of events including bigger ones at various times of the year. We will look at all big events and regional events and schedule accordingly. We also plan to be represented at as many events held by others as we can possibly manage. Hosting and attending events is a huge part of our mission. In our area, there are two gamestores. One is a bookstore that grudgingly sells games and the other is run by a computer gamer who gleefully sells games but does not do much else. Both have been in business for a long time. Grimfoe and I are opening with the mission of providing the best club we can and growing the hobby. We will have more tables than the other two combined. We have some of the best Warhammer, Warmachine and 40K players in the States. This little event on May 1st is just a "Hi how are you and thanks for checking us out" kind of thing. Plans for a GT ish thing are already moving forward. :lol:

• 1 month later...
We plan to have lots of events including bigger ones at various times of the year. We will look at all big events and regional events and schedule accordingly. We also plan to be represented at as many events held by others as we can possibly manage. Hosting and attending events is a huge part of our mission. In our area, there are two gamestores. One is a bookstore that grudgingly sells games and the other is run by a computer gamer who gleefully sells games but does not do much else. Both have been in business for a long time. Grimfoe and I are opening with the mission of providing the best club we can and growing the hobby. We will have more tables than the other two combined. We have some of the best Warhammer, Warmachine and 40K players in the States. This little event on May 1st is just a "Hi how are you and thanks for checking us out" kind of thing. Plans for a GT ish thing are already moving forward. :HQ:

I live in downtown Albany, while not a long way it's a bit of a hike. I'm pretty satisfied with the two stores in the area, I'm able to get my geek fix on pretty well. I'm not much of a tournament player, more of a fan of painting and what not. Beyond the club element of your store what else are you going to order? What lines are you going to carry? Are you going to be fully stocked and all that jazz? To be candid, I'm just curious what you're going to offer that I can't find either in a store closer or on the Internet. Just curious because I'm a casual gamer who really doesn't enjoy the whole tournament/competitive scene.

Dang, wrong time of year. Do you guys intend to do this regularly?

GM: Do you get up this way from time to time? If so, I'd love to have you at the store. Let me know when you're coming and I'll make sure we're planning something.

@TurtleGod: I'll send you a PM, as I don't want to violate the forum rules discussing the store in too much depth.

@Turtlegod,

Did you really join the forum simply to find a post about our event and tell us that you prefer other stores, that you have no interest in competitive events and then go on to ask about our stock level? <_< That sort of thing would be far more appropriate in another thread and most likely on our forum, not here. Happy trolling fishing. :)

Archived