Is the Emperor a space marine?

kalicurealm

OT

Haha! So the God–Emperor is Turkish? <_<

No.

But Turks may share a common ancestry with the shamans that made him. The 'ethnicity' of the shamans was not, to my knowledge, ever stated.

It may be that the shamans were from all over... which I consider likely, considering their number.

reason for edit: added quote.

And Turks aren't from Anatoly. They were nomads that arrived in that region sometime before the/in the beggining of the Middle Ages.

And shamanism is the oldest form of religion in the history of humanity - it can even be considered the proto-religion - so saying that he was created by shamans at the "dawn of time" is not necessarily wrong.

I didn't say Turks were from Anatoly, he did and it was just as a minor gaff anyway.

Ultimately, one can argue that no one can be proven to have originated from anywhere. No records of where specific gene-pool ingredients came from actually exist as it's ALL pre-history. What we do know is where a few corpses have been found... not where they came from. Such details are surmised and can only attempt to reflect a sample of previous generation locations.

No? Turks came from somewhere specific? Ahh... no. 'Turks' are a label (after a specific individual) for a collective gene-pool given, as you say, mere centuries ago. There's no Turk gene despite Turks having a stereotypical appearance. Anyway, point is, the peoples responsible for the genepools of the area may have migrated away and returned many many times through history. We don't know.

To say that some shaman is not Turkish in 8000BC is fair as it's a modern label for a modern gene-pool, however any individual shaman of that time (ha!) could have contributing genes to what is now the Turkey gene-pool.

back on topic...

Only point I really tried to make regarding Him was the obvious... He was made. Made by shamans with most likely varied homo-sapien's genes, maybe even representing every gene at the time available on Terra. Which would be elegant as it would enable him to use/sample just himself when making the Primarchs.

Haha! So the God–Emperor is Turkish? :)

In theory, yes. Emperor was born in Central Anatolia and as far I know, he slept here until Birth of Slaanesh. He is sleeping in Turkey now and regardless of origin, every person in Turkey is called as Turkish. By the way, he looks like a Turk :lol:

Someone at my LGS came up with the amusing theory that the Emperor was Hitler and Stalin (or indeed all other warlords in history) at the same time, and orchestrated the thousands of years of conflict until mankind was 'toughened up' enough to survive his crusade...

EDIT: The Emperor is BYZANTINE!

Someone at my LGS came up with the amusing theory that the Emperor was Hitler and Stalin (or indeed all other warlords in history) at the same time, and orchestrated the thousands of years of conflict until mankind was 'toughened up' enough to survive his crusade...

This "dialectical methodist Emperor" theory is much better than sleeper Emperor theory.

EDIT: The Emperor is BYZANTINE!

The Emperor WAS Byzantine, now he is Turkish. İmparator için! :lol:

he wasnt sleeping - he has been a tribal chief, a mightly Roman general, etc but becomming more and more off-the-radar as humanity has progressed. If he was around now he'd probaly be a weapons scientist in a lab somewhere... And he's obviously British!

Dude! No way, Man! He's a red-blooded 'Merican, dang ole. From Texas!

I think he was no space marine, not in the sense that a space marine is to a man, anyways.

He was something else, and probably could be as tall as he chose to be at the time. Conversely it is probably just that he is drawn largest as a symbol of his power. Something we see a lot in artistic representation. You pick.

I think he would technically be clasified as Homo superior. By the time of the great crusade he was well over 20k years old and had likly travaled from one end of the galaxy to the other and knew much if not all of human history and probably most or all the legends of races like the Eldar. He had already deafated a C'Tan ins single combat and improsoned the beast on Mars knowing it would create the Adeptus Macanicus and he likly played a hand in the creation of the STC system as well though I know of no direct evidence. He is said to have fathered many childeren in his time. He knew of the coming fall of the Eldar and birth of Slanesh and timed his final conquest of Earth to take advantage of that. If the Emperor reminds me of anyone it is Khan from Star Trek. He has 2 main goals. Preserve humanity and deafeat Chaos and he persus both with a single minded abadon and total disregaurd for the cost of victory. While the fluff does not tell use everything it tells us enough that we can see a coldly calculated path that has cost trillions of live and will cost trillons more before it is played out.

'Cost' trillions? Humanity lives in such multitudes because of His guidance. Some small number of lives tantamount to loose change are a small price to pay for the greater population He fathered. Without Him, humanity would be a fine gray ash upon a lifeless rock.

The Emperor is in the black.

If the original fluff is to be believed (I believe it) then he has been around since 7000bc .

I believe that he was originally human sized but at some point or many points along the way he has modified himself or perhaps simply willed himself the way he is .

I am also of the theory that having been around every age of mankind at some point (probably before and during the dark age of technology) the big E has been to every part of the galaxy exploring , researching and probably talking to many other species of life aswell as travelling the warp extensively .

I believe he did this for thousands of years on and off .

What I am getting at is that he has had knowledge and access to everything humanity ever devised on the subject of modification aswell as xenos knowledge and technology and many warp related means of making himself the formidable figure he appears to be .

Add all that knowledge to the god like psychic abilities he has and you have many ways or combinations of ways for him to be...well , him .

Also like other people have touched on in this forum I believe that the look is a deliberate one .

He probably created this image of the most singular being humanity has ever seen to help him bring people on board to his vision of humanities future . If someone never got to meet him or hear him speak then at least they could look at they guy and see that there is someone special .

As for the emperor having astartes armour .

I reckon its the other way around .

The emperor would have only the best , most effective armour .

The astartes were made in his image right .

Its all just recovered STC tech anyway .

Interesting way of seeing things Ordo. I tend to agree with you. I wonder, though, if the Emperor was able to move through if "HE" was responsible for the warp storms that cut humanity off from Terra. Or was that caused by the dark 'gods'?

Yep , thats a good point .

Its hinted at that he made a few pacts with the powers of the warp and unlike his sons I imagine that he came from these negotiations with the better deal or when he got what he wanted (knowledge , power , both) he simply discarded his benefactors .

That would have made them pretty angry and although the E man was too powerful to attack directly they brought about the age of strife instead which hurt humanity just as bad and no doubt put the emperors plans back by thousands of years .

But then again the eldar were still a few thousand years away from their fall and the birth of Slannesh .

That would of meant that they were still the most powerful force in the galaxy and the main champions in the fight against chaos .

A lot of people would say that the warp storms would not affect them as much because they had the webway but they were still living on maiden worlds at the time and the storms would have been a good way of getting to those planets .

Well, to clear some stuff up, he was born in 8000 BC in Anatolia, which is Ancient Turkey.

Now, as to his ethnicity, he cannot be Turkish. Considering how Human Records date back 5300 BC to the time of Mesopotamia (sp?), they were in the Iran Basin. Now this doesn't mean that they were the only Humans; they were the first 'civiliastion' as this was the oldest site of farming and a 'town'. Zoom backwards by 2300 years, we come to Anatolia in the Neolithic Age. Here, there is an ancient civilisation that is slowly forming, in places called the Nevali Cori and the Sagalassos. Now, it is considered that this civilisation is where the Mesopotamians descended from, however, there is no designated name for them, so now we call them Anatolians. They are completely extinct in present day mankind, so there is no way we can say, 'Oh, so they are *blah blah blah*'. There was a race called the Hittites there at 1700 BC, 6300 years after the Emperor's Age.

They cannot be Turks as the Turkish came from Arabia, and migrated north to settle in Turkey.

They cannot be Greeks, as Greeks only ever came over at 400 BC.

They cannot be anything except ancestors to Ancient Mesopitamia.

Thank You :)

Now, is the Emperor a Space Marine? No. Does he share characteristics of a Space Marine? Of course he does, he's where their biological structure came from, with added Primarch bits. He's the prototype if you will; nothing ever compares to the Prototype.

They cannot be Turks as the Turkish came from Arabia, and migrated north to settle in Turkey.

Is this a joke? We came from Central Asia, we are not related with Semitic nations. Our closest relatives are Mongols and Huns (according to some theories, Magyars, Fins and Japanese as well).

Anatolia was one of the first habitats of Indo-German nations therefore, the Emperor must have been a member of a proto Indo-German tribe.

Heres a question. We all agree that the Emperor was not a spacemarine, no gene seed and all. My question is did the primarchs have a gene seed? And if they did, would anyone have harvested it before there multiple betrayals and dissapearances? And for kicks and grins what would happen if you stuck this hypothetical gene seed from a primarch in a SM initiate?

Edit: I know the legions were made with the Primarchs genetic material. I'm interested in the existense of Gene Seed from the Primarchs actual body.

The Emperor was actually so old his body had but decayed and his figure was but a psychic protection.

Why would it matter than Horus plucked out his eye or broke his back or crushed every bone in his body if that were the case? What would the point of the Golden Throne in its current incarnation be? The Emperor is powerful but he is human. Jeez.

The Emperor was actually so old his body had but decayed and his figure was but a psychic protection.

Why would it matter than Horus plucked out his eye or broke his back or crushed every bone in his body if that were the case? What would the point of the Golden Throne in its current incarnation be? The Emperor is powerful but he is human. Jeez.

Well as human as a 48 millenia old, supremely powerful psyker, with genius level intelligence can be anyway's. :lol:

Yeah I've heard that said on a few forums like this and it was all over the old black library forum .

Do you know what source it comes from as I would be interested to read it .

Heres a question. We all agree that the Emperor was not a spacemarine, no gene seed and all. My question is did the primarchs have a gene seed? And if they did, would anyone have harvested it before there multiple betrayals and dissapearances? And for kicks and grins what would happen if you stuck this hypothetical gene seed from a primarch in a SM initiate?

Edit: I know the legions were made with the Primarchs genetic material. I'm interested in the existense of Gene Seed from the Primarchs actual body.

I don't know if the primarchs had anything as mundane as organs or even a geneseed in their make up .

Having just read the latest horus heresy book '

thousand sons

' it very briefly covers this topic .

As for the geneseed from the primarchs , who knows how that works , maybey it will be covered at some point .

Or perhaps its like the emperor himself , y'know , missed out on purpose to add to the mystique .

Isn't He to a space marine what a space marine is to a human? I guess you could throw in Primarchs in between them..

Thats an understatement. He is the Emperor of Mankind. Primarchs are to space marines as marines are to a human. They are children in comparison. The Emperor is much greater, hence the ablility to remove souls from existance (Horus).

The Emperor is nothing like a space marine in terms of bodyparts. I think of space marines as a very diluted form of the Emperor's DNA. The Emperor is a very powerful human, his physical form, I believe is a result of his power. I think he could either change his body by pure force of will/psker powers, or just having the raw power made him just as powerful in body as in psychic powers.

Its entirely possible that the Emprah was not in fact taller than the Primarchs, considering he is THE MOST POWERFUL PSYKER TO EVER EXIST.

He could be a midget using his mind to convince everyone he is huge.

And thanks to my own imagination, I am forced to picture a tiny Emperor climbing up Horus' leg to stab him, while convincing Horus he was killing him some other way.

Oh i just love the thought of that, the Emperor as some runty little Wizard of Oz type character, all smoke and mirrors and cheap psychic trickery. Horus could of won if he'd just used the classic 'hold him at arms length and kick him repeatedly in the nuts' defence. But then for a Warmaster, Horus is quite monumentally thick. Schoolboy error....

Archived