My crusade expansion WIPs

reaver13

I'm rather notorious in my own mind for never finishing anything I start, and often assuming I can do more than I can. So in my hopes of finally completing a Crusade Expansion vow I've limited myself to painting a Marshal and a 5 man squad. Sounds easy enough right? I plan to chronicle this beginning to end so there is credible proof somewhere that I do indeed finish painting models! :P

Here's the unprimed squad waiting patiently for it's BT heraldry. Marshal will follow soon after his basecoat dries up.

gallery_36142_3257_290380.jpg

I've been fiddling with some sort of crusade iconography and failing so it looks like I'll just be going old school. This squad well be getting some white crosses of some type on their helmets, and potentially other areas will be picked out in white. Maybe black and white checkers on the knee pads, still unsure. Anywho, this is how the "sergeant" is shaping up. Going with the codex grey/fortress/pure white thing on the shoulders. Any sort of hoses/piping is going to be picked out in red for this squad as well. More updates to follow in the coming days!

gallery_36142_3257_127855.jpg

Small update on my quest for completion:

gallery_36142_3257_51320.jpg

I went against the traditional sandy brown looking robes and went for white to match the white helmet. Plenty of cleaning up to do on the model, but just wanted you guys' opinion on the white.

I went against the traditional sandy brown looking robes and went for white to match the white helmet. Plenty of cleaning up to do on the model, but just wanted you guys' opinion on the white.

What washes did you use for the tabard?

Archived