= Scallywaggin = Adepticon 2010 40k Army

GMMStudios

Oh, by the way, this may seem like a strange question, but can the chest actually close? It seems like it would be a pain to tote around if it was always open.

It actually does not at all. Its permanently fixed and there arent even hinges on it anymore. I did that for security, and because of the ship it wouldnt close anyway even if it was hinged. Good question though, thanks.

WOW -- stunned and jealous

your paint is amazing as are your sculpts.

as a fellow Akwatik HERE

i would love to pick your brain at some point after Adepticon on your techniques - especially for barnacles and rust and if not too dear, i would love to get a hold of a couple of the critters adorning your troops and tanks.

thanks for this inspiring army -- i hope you take all the prizes! ;)

Your army is fantastic. Really loving the colour scheme - the blue/orange contrast really makes the army stand out, especially on the rhinos. As odd as this might sound, but those are the best rhinos I've ever seen. The rust on them is amazing. Any chance you could put up a quick tutorial on the rust effect? Also some more detail shots of the army would be great, as they are definitely inspirational. Good job, and good luck at Adepticon.

Thanks a lot!

I now do this every year for adepticon. I started thinking it up over a few months of last summer after last years con. I sent my buddy Hortwerth on Warseer some emails and had him sculpt the critters. Got it back in August. Went mad looking at it for months then finally took two weeks to paint it recently. The chest I built in my spare time over the past couple months then painted it along with the army. The trick is giving yourself plenty of time for hte ideas to ferment in your noodle :)

You painted the entire army in two weeks? Insanity. Even if I took time off and painted 8 hour days I couldn't get 40+ models done in two weeks, or could I... I may soon have more time on my hands, but I plan to make terrain.

Needless to say this is Awesome!

Wow. I dont normally comment as i am just a lurker but wow..... stunning work in both the rust effects and conversions. The display board is absolutly amazeing. Let us know how you did and if you won best painted (i could see this winning such a great award)

Archived