Abnett Confirms Legion Question

Candleshoes

Anyone quoting that IA as proof Big Blue killed Alpharius is leaving out the crucial points that:

• The Ultras even think this account is a bit off (you don't think a dead traitor Primarch would show up on a banner somewhere if it had happened?)

• The Inquisitor reporting on it was suspected as being compromised by the Alphas.

The whole point is we aren't meant to know for sure, which is part of what makes the Alphas awesome.

As someone else said...even in Rogue Trader, the idea wasn't good enough. If it wasn't a good enough idea in Rogue Trader, it is a terrible idea.
I second this. Omegon and and the "Aliens made me do it" twist were lame as hell.

@Candleshoes - That aside, where did you get the information about Sheed? It may not have been your intention, but it came over as though you were stating a fact rather than basing it on supposition and extrapolation. Can you give us your source for this so we can judge for ourselves? :devil:
The account of Alpharius "death" is from the Index Astartes article, except that:

- Alpharius wasn't described as wearing golden armour.

- Alpharius wasn't said to be beheaded.

- Sheed Ranko doesn't appear, since the character didn't exist at the time the article was written.

- The Ranko Theory doesn't come from the IA article like Lay said, the idea and foundation for the Eskrador parallell can be made in Legion.

- Not be-headed, but killed in a single stroke none the less.

- Check the exact quote, I'm certain in the Kravin recollection of the UM sgt. he says gold.

Split into twins in the warp is the most logical of explanations.

I always assumed that one of the twins was killed by Guilleman. But you are right that wearing such ostentatious golden armour wouldn't make sense.

Just because an idea didn't "make it" into a book until now doesn't mean that it didn't do so on account of being poor.

For a very long time, the mythologizing of the past, lost knowledge, the suppression of yet more knowledge, etc, have been defining traits of 40k. Not letting you know something key about Alpharius until it was time to actually tell the story from the POV of that time period falls well within the aforementioned parameters.

As someone else said...even in Rogue Trader, the idea wasn't good enough. If it wasn't a good enough idea in Rogue Trader, it is a terrible idea.
I second this. Omegon and and the "Aliens made me do it" twist were lame as hell.

@Candleshoes - That aside, where did you get the information about Sheed? It may not have been your intention, but it came over as though you were stating a fact rather than basing it on supposition and extrapolation. Can you give us your source for this so we can judge for ourselves? :)
The account of Alpharius "death" is from the Index Astartes article, except that:

- Alpharius wasn't described as wearing golden armour.

- Alpharius wasn't said to be beheaded.

- Sheed Ranko doesn't appear, since the character didn't exist at the time the article was written.

Maybe not golden, but it is described as shining. From the IA: "They were equal in stature, both clad in shining power armour and each wielding a glittering power sword..."

It does make me laugh how serious some people take the fluff to the point where they choose what is or isn't cannon! for instance some people dont like C.S Goto's books so they basically disown the fluff in his books as non cannon and create thier own fiction!

The bottom line is that 40k is Games Workshops IP. EVERYTHING has to be approved as cannon or it not released... They dictate the framework of plots and twists and leave it to the creative minds of the writers to make it into a book - they leave nothing to the writers to take liberties or use artistic licence.

I even hear that Relic wanted the Tau Commander to hover on his jetpack in Dawn of War Dark Crusade, but GW MADE THEM CHANGE IT, because in thier minds they always planned for him to walk! - If they are that being that pedantic over a minor detail then its quite obvious that they are approving everything that we get to read, and dissaproving things they see as contradictory. I dont think they are making this up as they go along, I think they have a pretty good idea and plan of how everything in 40k works!

I personally think the twist of the primarch being twins is an awesome and hugely unexpected twist! How can anyone not like the deceptive and secretive twist which has the alpha legions character written all over it?

Its left it wide open for further books which explore the true nature and intentions of the Alpha legion, its probably going to be likely we have one of the twins falling to chaos completely leading the alpha legion we see in the 41st millenium, and the other staying loyal to the emperor and only being part of the heresy for the good of the Imperium. It makes one think of the possibilities that a splinter faction of the alpha legion are really still loyal to the imperium of 40k - being more renegade than traitor?

Its ingenius how can you not love it? :lol:

Archived