Emperor Titan

I'm currently in the process of building a Emperor titan, well its built...kinda. (rough draft, man is it big :) )

After playing my first Apoc game with this bad boy I think I need to redo his weapons load-out and so I'm looking for suggestions.

Current load-out:

2x Vengeance Cannons

6x Volcano Cannons

Possible load-out:

2x Vengeance Cannons

2x Volcano Cannons

2x Apoc Missile Launchers

2x Vortex Missiles

I'm currently in the process of building a Emperor titan, well its built...kinda. (rough draft, man is it big :) )

After playing my first Apoc game with this bad boy I think I need to redo his weapons load-out and so I'm looking for suggestions.

Current load-out:

2x Vengeance Cannons

6x Volcano Cannons

Possible load-out:

2x Vengeance Cannons

2x Volcano Cannons

2x Apoc Missile Launchers

2x Vortex Missiles

Are you able to construct it in such a way you can swop weapon load-outs (on arms at least)... I find the 2x Vengeance Cannon and 6x Vortex Missile to be fun. Basically you put the smack down on in the first turn (or reseve it for 2nd or 3rd if nothing is on the board) and then go around with just a couple of shots to deal with on the following turns. Then if you want to be really mean take the stratagem that allows you to replace a destroyed unit if they shoot at your titan threaten to use it on that (which would also bring the vortex missiles back) and I find that reduces fire power far more effectivly than any void shields could.

I'm a big fan of variance on titans and don't like spamming Str D, which is in my opinion lame, for instance if I built an Emperor I'd probably go with the following set up:

Plasma Destructor

Quake Cannon

2x Volcano Cannon

2x Vortex Support Missile

Plasma Annihilator

Vengeance Cannon

However if your goal is simply winning this is probably the best set-up:

6x Laser Blaster

2x Vengeance Cannon

For me, an Emperor class titan is apocalyptically powerful no matter what armament you give it. So I would pick whatever you find most 'aesthetically pleasing'. For me, that's a Plasma Anihillator, a Hellstorm Cannon, 2X Apocalypse Missile Launchers, 2X Vortex Missiles, and a Gatling Blaster and a Quake Cannon.

How did I build it? I clicked my heels together three times and wished for it.

No but seriously it evolved a lot of foam core, hot glue pvc pipes. Oh and time!

Its currently in the WIP thread but heres a link for you...

"Semper Instans"

I have a very long way to go before I can call it complete but I'm getting there... very slowly :P

Archived