1k Battle report

gcsmith

Champion Deton looked out on the war torn battle field that lay before him, servo skull scouts had reported xenos movement in the area but at the moment all was clear, still that could only last for so long. Using the tactical knowledge gained over several years of the 'champion' Deton organised the forces before the prayers, Placing the rhino on the right side of a clear way between two buildings and the LRC on the left closing the gap, this then covered the 2 land speeders placed behind the tank wall for cover, Both powered down for now. Then the prayer began, Deton leading the troops with talk of the emperors wrath, past heroes acts, and the example Sigismund had set at the battle of the palace slaying the many champions of chaos, all this working his force into a righteous crescendo of wrath for close quarters honourable combat. As the prayer and cries reached its climax, border sensor arrays picked up movement. "The eldar are here brothers, Lets give them hell." Mounting their vehicles, Deton gave one last honourable prayer to the emperor and closed the LRC hatch.

The battle took place on a usual 6x4 board with table quarters and annihilation rolled for.

The eldar player won the roll, and chose me to go first, My setup was described in the fluff part, rhino and crusader in gap 9" away from centre and land speeders behind, the opponent had pathfinders in building opposite with avatar on the right behind in my view and wraithlord on left, with 10 wraith guard behind that.

My list: Champion Deton with accept any challenge no matter the odds.

Crusader squad Honourable Ascension with 9 initiates, melta gun and powerfist.

Crusader squad determined victory with 10 initiates with melta gun, powerfist and rhino

Land Raider Crusader Earth's Peril with Blessed hull.

Landspeeder with heavy bolter, and missile, Landspeeder with multi melta, Squad Swift Strike.

Opponents List: Avatar of Khain,

10 Wraith guard and seer,

10 pathfinders not sure on exact number but around this

Wraithlord with brightlance and star cannon

Top of 1st Turn: Making the most of estimated ranges Both the rhino and the Crusader moved backwards allowing the Landspeeders to be placed in front of them, so in range of then avatar but away from wraithguard's cannons of death. Shooting opened with the landspeeders and landraider targeting the avatar reducing it to 2 wounds and killing one wraithguard with landspeeders missile launcher scattering.

Bottom of 1st: The rangers hindered by set up chose to climb the ruins taking extra security from assaults later in the game and everything advanced, the wraithlord the left side of the pathfinders ruins by my view and the avatar and wraithguard the right, wraithlord shot and immobilised the rhino.

Top of turn 2: little movement, Mostly moving back 1 or 2" to remain out of wraith cannons range, avatar slain by land speeders and land raiders.

Bottom of 2: Opponent moved all forwards, Destroyed multimelta landspeeder with immobilised and stunned other.

Top of 3: Land Raider moved forwards to Hide the Landspeeder and disgorged squad ascension with emperors champion, Killed 1 or 2 wraith guard to shooting and no pathfinders, charged and killed all bar one wraithguard and seer and lost one initiate in return.

Bottom of 3: Pathfinders shot landspeeder and did nothing, Wraithlord charged land raider and did nothing. Wraith Guard slain and consolidated towards the ruins.

Top of 4: Ascension failed to climb to 1st floor of ruin getting 1 and 2 on diff terrain, in shooting lord lost 1 wound. With all meltas missing

Bottom of 4: Wraithlord shot and missed ascension, pathfinders wounded once and saved. Wraith lord charged my squad, killed one and did no returns, forgot to reroll my single powerfist miss.

Bottom of 4: Wraithlord kills 2 more and fist fails to wound but reduced to one wound.

Top of 5: rhino squad disembark and charge the wraith lord, no wounds caused and 1 wound taken, EC stay but other squad flee, 1 pathfinder killed to shooting.

Bottom of 5: Wraith lord slain and all wounds saved by rhino squad even rending and ap 1 due to 2" of terrain shot through

Top of 6: Rhino squad rallies, ascension squad charge and kill pathfinders, game set and match to BT

In total I lost 1 Landspeeder and 5 marines, No kill points due to squadron. I got 4 kill points of eldar player/

Was a fun game, and learning that even T6 falls to reroll to wound champion squad, especially when 1 attack each and No power weapons. Sadly not ideal list as borrowing friends models as all I have is a rhino left at home, and a champion I had with me.

Hope You liked the report, and I had fun and learnt alot. Especially that the eldar thrash BA but lose to BT having beaten the player after he truelly trounced a BA player in 1600. any advice for future battles?

BT are fearless until the last man in close combat. you are confusing it with and they shall know no fear. We still have that rule, but it only helps when we fall back from shooting. In close combat you have to kill every templar, to the last man.

Archived