Will they ever write a final book?

I was wondering this, because most people know what happens at the end of the HH, so would GW write a book about it? Personaly i do not think the importance and magnitued of the final battle between the Emperor and Horus could be portrayed in words, so they would finish on the ship, but leave the rest to our imaganations.

Its just a thought, lets hear your own opinions

It would be difficult to write the final battle. The authors so far have tended to be very vague about the Emperor, which not only means they avoid describing the indescribable, but also add to the sense of mystery.

Probably will be a few years until they end the HH series. Still quite a few fairly epic topics they can cover first. I would guess the final siege of Terra ones will be a trilogy. I'd also guess Abnett and McNeil will be heavily involved, but that's not exactly a risky prediction.

I just hope they end it with a massive twist that throws everything we know about the current 40K into doubt... Something like big bad Roboute walking up to the Golden Throne and saying 'thanks for being a lighthouse for MY Imperium dad; it took lot of effort, but things have turned out EXACTLY as I planned'

that would change the way we look at everything, I'd love it!

Given that GW seem to be all about the money more than the mystique these days - it's almost certaion to happen.

In fact there will probably be a whole series JUST about that last day.

Think about it, a book from Sanguinius PoV as he casts down the Bloodthrister, teleports onto the Venegful Spirit and has his duel with Horus, a book (or series a la Galaxy in Flames-Horus Rising-FalseGods) which alternates between the Emperor and Horus PoV, perhaps even one from the Khan's PoV as he valiantly tries to raise the siege.

I'll admit, I'm not sure if I really want to read a fully canonized version of the Emperor or Horus' thought process especially towards the end, because there are SOME things that I would like left a little in the grey...

Do we REALLY want to know for sure...

...if the Emperor's ascension was planned, or he GENIUNELY didn't foresee the Heresy, or at least not this soon?

...if Horus let him win, right at the end?

You get the idea.

Corsair - I LOVE the idea of the Roboute twist.

I remember many moons ago when I first got into 40K about how I loved the Space marines as the beacons of truth and righteous justice, then a conversation with a helpful and interesting GW store worker (who have becomne an extinct breed I believe) changed all that, as he saw the loyal Astartes as the bad guys, propping up a fascist Imperium in the name of a drooling, dead 'god' Emperor but really a morass of corruption, slavery and bigotry.

That really opened my eyes and allowed me to enjoy the 40k setting as viewing whoever I wanted as the good guys - from a certain point of view.

For example, I've been playing the Alpha Legion as loyalists for ten years and quite like the idea of the raven guard as as-yet-undiscovered traitors, I'm a huge fan of the Eldar both as saviours and bane of humanity, etc...

I'd LOVE to read 'definitive' books about those frantic days on Terra, but do we REALLY need all those lovely shades of gray taken away?

offcourse they will write a final book.

But it will be a long way till we get there..

Novels covering every legion, there are a lot of famous stories/battles during the heresy that they will cover.

Plus extra novels to give legions more depth and such (Like the dark angels novels) and extrra stories.. (fight for the abyss.. first heretic.. etc)

we'll get there, but not in the near future. :D

Although Gw would make huge amounts of money from it, i would prefer to not have it in a book. As you say, it leaves those areas grey which our own imaginations and sidings can fill in. eg, chaos players will say 'horus paused to savor the moment, the emperor was lucky and died anyway' whereas loyaltists will say 'horus paused with regret, and the emperor forfilled a huge self sacrifice'. I dont think it would be fair to choose a perspective to write a book on.

What about the William King version, which was reprinted with only minor modifications, in Collected Visions?

I'd like to see it again, in the final book.

To be totaly honest, ive never heard of that book before. Was it around about the same time a the card game/ art books? (my school libary has one, the librarian didnt even know what it was)

Have a link to a picture?

Think about it, a book from Sanguinius PoV as he casts down the Bloodthrister, teleports onto the Venegful Spirit and has his duel with Horus, a book (or series a la Galaxy in Flames-Horus Rising-FalseGods) which alternates between the Emperor and Horus PoV, perhaps even one from the Khan's PoV as he valiantly tries to raise the siege.

QFT. I doubt we will see the Emperor v Horus duel in "real-time", so to speak. Sanguinius v Horus will probably be written out, but to me it seems like a good idea to leave the Emperor v Horus fight to the reader's imagination. They portray the Sanguinius v Horus duel fully, but as insurance against readers not liking the style/way its written/duels as a literary device they can leave the Ultimate Duel of Ultimate Badassery to the imagination. The point of view can switch to Dorn after Sanguinius expires (which for drama's sake will probably be just as the Emperor and Horus have finished speaking). For added effect, have the scene simply fade and have the dying Sanguinius recount the bits that the reader missed to Dorn before expiring.

What about the William King version, which was reprinted with only minor modifications, in Collected Visions?

I'd like to see it again, in the final book.

To be totaly honest, ive never heard of that book before. Was it around about the same time a the card game/ art books? (my school libary has one, the librarian didnt even know what it was)

Have a link to a picture?

Link provided:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...odId=prod842467

Archived