The Emperor arrives on Mars

Eetion

It was a time of great rejoicing... The Emperor had arrived on Mars, a time of unification between Terra and Mars. Or it should have been, The Masters of the Forge saw the golden tongue lies for what they were, They understood that the Imperium wanted to feed off them as a parasite.

Of course the Emperor cannot lay claim to the Galaxy when even his own system is so Insecure. And so he made the order. The Astartes went to war, It was unannounced, but brutal notheless..... Mechanicum V Astartes

Ok so who wins this shown down? The Legions of Terra or the Adepts of Mars and all the might they can muster against the Usurper of mankind?

19 Legions and Imperial Army v Mars (I say 19 as I seem to remember the Alpha Legion being formed sometime after the start of the Crusade) And also remember. NO PRIMARCHS.

Mechanicum

the legions recived most of the weapons, ships and armour from the Mech during the crusade. If they attack before hand, it is most likely that they would be using mk1 armour and weapons. Also, mars and its various forge worlds only just manage to keep up with ammuntion demands during and after the crusade, so i doubt earth could replicate those demands by it self.

Also, the mech would not be restricted by imperail edicts if they fought the emperor, so out come the inconcivably powerful weapons which he bans before his semi-death.

Good points Exodial but some of the Legions have their own forges too. The Ultramarines could sustain themselves as could the Raven Guard, Salamanders, Emperors Children and Iron Hands. No Primarchs? Okay no titans? The Emperor could pretty much stomp anything they put before him, the Astartes are created for war. i think it would be a tough fight but my monies are on the Astartes.

Well its worth remembering that Terra suplied the Astartes in the first place. As well as Imperila Army units. They would have none of the logistical problems of the Crusade and also None of the units to supply that joined from annewxed/compliant worlds.

No Primarchs simply because they had not yet been discovered. Titans are allowed because they were no doubt present on Mars. Dont forget that the Skittari, Knights and other Mechanicum forces as well.

Good points Exodial but some of the Legions have their own forges too. The Ultramarines could sustain themselves as could the Raven Guard, Salamanders, Emperors Children and Iron Hands. No Primarchs? Okay no titans? The Emperor could pretty much stomp anything they put before him, the Astartes are created for war. i think it would be a tough fight but my monies are on the Astartes.

They only gain their own forges when they find their primarch and thus homeworld. Yes the emperor is inhumanly powerful, but even he would have trouble fighting the titan legions with little more than light tanks and ground troops.

the imperial army couldnt of been much larger or there is no way earth could of sustained such a force. And again, many of the ships the astartes use in the crusade and later are built and maintained by the Mech, and im sure that most would be blown from orbit if they tried to invade - this is the home of technology.

Dont forget, many of the legion recruits come after the primarch is found, so i would put the combined strength of all 19 at around 130'000. Also, the earth didnt fight of martian explorers, they got massecered by them.

Surface defenses blasted from orbit. Titans, same.

Underground... any areas too well defended could be simply sapped.

Mars had no chance to win anything except by self destruction.

Serve or win in death.

No choice... just how he'd designed it.

IIRC in 'Mechanicum' Kelbor Hal reflects that had the Mechanicum not allied themselves with the Emperor, the Emperor would have simply taken what he needed from them anyway. I doubt Mars could have repelled the forces of the Emperor, when led by the Emperor himself.

Archived