primarch wip

bazleuk

After re-reading the Fulgrim book and not wanting to spend a fortune on a Ronin model i decided this evening to do this......

C&C welcome, i also bought the ultramarine honour guard with calgar to do 2 of the phoenix guard, they already have their halberds in place and awaiting paint.

[gallery_51938_4809_10692.jpg

gallery_51938_4809_10084.jpg

[gallery_51938_4809_31226.jpg

gallery_51938_4809_28275.jpg

Just to show the scale,

There is some detail recessed into the chest but i have only started with the main colour blocking so should be able to pick it out in the next few stages, if not i might try some freehand work on it.....

to be honest i cant remember, i got it a few years ago for a sanguinius conversion form the US i think, i was going to give it pegusus wings but after starting to reread fulgrim yesterday i went into gw and picked up calgars honour guard and decided to paint him as the phoenician.

bit of an update

gallery_51938_4809_34189.jpg

gallery_51938_4809_64012.jpg

gallery_51938_4809_20541.jpg

gallery_51938_4809_42149.jpg

pics don't seem to do it justice but i have worked on the shading and highlights have been started, i have also removed the purity seal from his chest (not sure about putting it back).

was bored tonight and decided to raid the bitzbox and put a rogal dorn together

gallery_51938_4809_11225.jpg

here's a group shot with other primarchs i have been working on for scale

gallery_51938_4809_10607.jpg

gallery_51938_4809_52651.jpg

The arms are just there to give me an idea of the overall finish so will be replaced and i will be modelling his big chainsword tomorrow, I'm planning on gs in the bottom vent slit on the chest piece and the gs the eagle onto the plate.

c&c welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
That Dorn model is truly epic! My one pedantic point would be tat only the Emperor's Children are allowed to wear the Aquilla on thier chests.

That Dorn model is truly epic! My one pedantic point would be tat only the Emperor's Children are allowed to wear the Aquilla on thier chests.

Rogal Dorn is a primarch. He can wear it, his marines cannot.

Well according to the cannonical "collected vision" he can! Dorn was the Emperors champion and peatorian after all. As Brother-Captain Alecto says HE is a primarch and if they want to wear THEIR fathers eagle then they can.

oh and aquila was two headed wasn't it? not the eagle that i represented on dorn?

• 1 month later...
Way I look at it, if it doesn't have the twin head, it's not the Aquila, so if there are wings on the plates anywhere, it doesn't matter!

Actually, during the Unifacation Wars on Terra, the Techno-Barbarians, or Space Marines as we now know them, had a single headed eagle on their armour, that was the original Aquila.

Way I look at it, if it doesn't have the twin head, it's not the Aquila, so if there are wings on the plates anywhere, it doesn't matter!

Actually, during the Unifacation Wars on Terra, the Techno-Barbarians, or Space Marines as we now know them, had a single headed eagle on their armour, that was the original Aquila.

Actually in Horus Rising it says the Unification Wars Space marines had thunder and lighting symbols on their chest the personnel devices of the Emperor before the Aquila of the Imperium was formalised

Archived