"Angels of Darkenss"

PrimalFear

One of the best the BL ever puplished. Astelan represents the best qualities of the "old" marines.... Too sad the new HH books have deviated much from the original HH storyline that Gavin Thorpe proposed. I really liked the conflict between Terrans and Callibanites...

What Haakon said basically. Although I'm not really a fan of the Dark Angels I thought that this was a very good book that both shed light on the heresy era and yet kept the air of mystery and awe about it that the HH series basically destroyed. I also really liked that for once the ending was actually not a victory for the protagonists and Boreas's final opinion of Astelan and the Lion was left kind of ambiguous.

Most DA players seem to hate it however for it's "lies" about DA history, I actually never understood why people get so attached to the allegiance of their imaginary toy soldiers. Some people actually get angry if you jokingly accuse their chapter of heresy, it's very sad.

The great thing about this book was Astellan wasn't lying.

HERESY!!! Now I'm pissed.

Jk jk

I read this book back when I was first getting into the hobby many moons ago. Sadly, back then I wasn't too good with the fluff and was more interested in playing improbable scenarios with my friends. I ended up skimming parts of the book :( (though I did get the majority of the story down). I've heard a lot of good things about the book since then so I probably should pick it up and give it a proper read.

Archived