Adepta Sororitas Allies

Lithanial

Exactly my thoughts Brother. There is only one question left...Under wich of the big orders our one would most probably find refuge?

Heck, I'll probably start writing the fluff stuff on saturday...

Order of the Bloody Rose perhaps? I hear their founder was a ferocious warrior with a formidable battle rage.

Exactly my thoughts Brother. There is only one question left...Under wich of the big orders our one would most probably find refuge?

Heck, I'll probably start writing the fluff stuff on saturday...

Order of the Bloody Rose perhaps? I hear their founder was a ferocious warrior with a formidable battle rage.

Yeah, thought about them already, anyone have some kind of quotation to confirm this? If it is true, I'm off to writing,I already have a concept in my head.

Found that confirmation myself (Emperor says "If you need service, serve yourself"!) on Lexicanum:

"The Order of the Bloody Rose is one of the Orders Militant of the Adepta Sororitas,or the Sisters of Battle, founded in honour of Sister Mina..."

that leads to "Sister Mina" where they state this:

"Saint Mina had a reputation of being fierce, mysterious, and deadly in battle. She was murdered by a blood cult, whose agents had attacked her while she was praying. Her body was found along with the shrine, covered in blood and the corpses of the twenty of her attackers..."

Heck, if any order is about to raise a Sangy order minoris, it's them, their Patron Saint is almost like one of our battle-brothers...

So, it is decided, the Order of the Red Angel (I am not sure with the name though, any ideas here? Also an input on Symbol of the order would be truly appreciated, I thought about something on the lines of winged lily...) is going to be under the wing of the Order of the Bloody Rose!

One last question, can anyone advise me where to put the info I write up?

Post it here! I would sure be interested in seeing what you come up with. Going to be using the order of our martyred lady myself - mostly because i'm a fan of saint Katherine and the colours will look nice in contrast to the Lamanters.

Still trying to work out the best battle doctrine for combining the Angels and Sisters though. Toying with a "counts as " Astorath for the red thirst boost to act as the crusading marines holy rage. No Librarians of course, suffer not the witch to live!

Sanguine Rose

Obvious? Too obvious?

I like the opposing double meanings.

A confident exemplar of beauty... only horribly brutal.

*shrug*

I think obvious serves a purpose in that the name wont be focused on for criticism... and, if you ask me, it really fits obvious or not.

I've been strugling to come up with a good name myself, I like you're red angel though. Or is that to close to angron? If you have a few good ones I'll steal one. as for symbol you could always go with a grail like I did, or how about stealing some DA stuff and go for the robed angel with a sword? what scheme will you be painting them as?

Well, The more i think of it, I'll stick with the Red Angel, sounds good to me and kinda fits my idea for the background of the order...Order of the Red Angel it is...Also, I surely will post my work somewhere on the BaC and it will be free to use by any and every Brother in blood who finds it appealing, it would be just too cool to find some pics of the ladies somewhere later,knowing that you designed them right?:lol:

The symbol i am stil weighing but the grail idea is just cool, Winged grail sounds just right to me...of course the grail will be red or with a droplet on it...when it comes to obviousness, when I post the background, you'll see that I want to be obvoious:D So possibly i'll stick with winged grail...

Rules-wise, I do not really care, I usually (no matter how odd it may sound) play in 4th edition rules so I'm using my sisters as allies:) And I would truly NOT go for any count as or anything, that is just too cheesy...Wanna have sisters? Play them as such, they are pretty cool as they are.

And to answer last question, colour scheme? There I am decided, White armour, blood red robes. White armour just fits the "oh we are so pure an angelic" part whilst red robes work for "BLOOD FOR THE B...SANGUINIUS!" part. And the combination looks cool as hell and no existing big order made by GW uses it so far.

Sounds like a plan to me, right now I'm going to google for pictures to "kitbash" that symbol...Yes, that means that as far as I know myself, you can expect first results of my work on this idea in a matter of a few days (enthusiast to the core, that's me!)....May Sanguinius lead my hand.

So,here are first small bits of my work as a "trailer" and a proof of my holy dedication...Enjoy, comment and excuse the poor quality, I am not well versed in this kind of graphics stuff...

Order of the Red Angel Icon:

http://i45.tinypic.com/161c6xf.png

And, simpler version of the icon, found on the cloths of Sisters themselves

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nte7p2.jpg

Enjoy! CaC!

And pray that the Emperor and Sanguinius will guide my hand...

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there people. The writing was postponed due to certain school stuff i was not exactly expecting but it is processed right now and soon it will be finished. But, there is one thing i cannot decide and so i turn on you, my fellow brothers of BaC...I need to put the nascent order and their homeworld through some nasty trouble, but i cannot decide what will be better: Orkz from above or Necrons from beyond?

Hey there people. The writing was postponed due to certain school stuff i was not exactly expecting but it is processed right now and soon it will be finished. But, there is one thing i cannot decide and so i turn on you, my fellow brothers of BaC...I need to put the nascent order and their homeworld through some nasty trouble, but i cannot decide what will be better: Orkz from above or Necrons from beyond?

How about: the Orks from Beyond awaken the Necrons from Below?

I just gave back a box full of SoBs to a buddy stating that I'd wait until they get updated. Now, me thinks, after reading this thread and being re-inspired I'll get them back and open my own Order of the Felled Angel. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY!!!!

After much convincing of myself that Emperor's work cannot wait any longer, no matter how dire might exam time get, I finally finished the Index Sororitas for the most holy Order of the Red Angel, the very Sanguinius worshipping Order Minoris of Adepta sororitas! Please, click the link and read, then comment here so we do not spam the Sororitas topic...

INDEX SORORITAS

Regards, Michael Salvatore of the Blood Angels.

May I ask, how are you allying blood angels into your WH list? From what I can tell, you can only select SM units from the list provided in the WH codex (available free now on the GW site) and you cannot have a SM unit if any units in your WH army is an adeptus sororitas. From what I can see, you aren't using the multiple detachment rule as you only have 1 HQ in your list. Any insight as to how you are accomplishing this?

May I ask, how are you allying blood angels into your WH list? Are you using the multiple detachment rule?

Most of this thread occured prior to the change from the book to the PDF Codex where WH and DHs could be used as allies in a Space Marine / IG army. Where as under the PDF (p.16) there is a list of rules for using allies in a WH army (I assume the same is in the DH PDF)

Umm... no..... Thread started by me at the end of April - most definitly not for the PDF.

In answer to your question. You add WH to a BA list not the other way around. the WH codex lets you add 1HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops and 1 Fast Attack slot as allies after you meet your 1HQ and 2 Troop requirements from the BA codex.

Never mind me; didn't notice that they replaced the WH book for a PDF; thought you meant something else, nothing to see here!

Archived