The Forgotten (edit)

Hi done another edit i think its not gonna be short tho :cuss

Any general thoughts ?

could i improve it ? i think its fleshing out in to a nice first chapter

i think it is acceptable to use one of the first founding ''empty slots'' as Lorgars

servant has pointed out that the second and eleventh chapters have already met their fate and im writing (my version) of what fate they suffered. :blink:

hope you like it :huh:

The Lost Legend

Prologue

During the search for the lost Primarchs, a time long past which exists almost entirely in legend. The Emperor of man-kind led an unstoppable legion of Space Marines to re-unite the beleaguered galaxy and the primarchs with their gene-seed brethren.

Thus the great crusade and the mighty first founding of the Space Marines was being compiled in to great tombs by the scribes of terra to document the vast deeds of valor and courage, the battle tactics and generalship of the great Primarchs to live on even after their millennia of service had dwindled in to distant memory.

As decades turned in to centuries and centuries gave-way to millennia the crumbling tombs buried beneath the vast incomprehensible scriptorium's of Terra, information about a Legion came to light through the decaying pages of a long forgotten Tomb, The name Braised in brilliant gold on the thick brown leather hide of the book was 'The Emperors Hearts' The Imperial eagle beneath clutching the roman numeral II in its talons.

As the pages turned and illustrations and scripture came to light the primarchs name was revealed Primarch Amon Mastolneagle, their home planet of Severance was on the eastern fringe although long since destroyed a small asteroid now stands as a marker to the once great planet, Their armor painted white to depict purity of their soul and blue to depict the Imperial blood that flows in their veins the boltguns fiery red to symbolize the Emperors Wrath and commanders adorned with gold eagles and imperial markings to take the word of the living god Emperor of man-kind to the darkest battlefields and the farthest reaches of the unknown.

Chapter One

Beneath the vast citadels of Terra, giant caves carved out of the stone hold untold treasures, not of gold but knowlage. Vast librariums the size of most citys on lesser worlds contain the combine knowlage of all mankinds greatest schollars and milatary tacticans, hand writen in heavy leather tombs and decaying scrolls. The custodians of this great knowlage are the lowly scribes, servants of the Emperor, who's sole task is to transfer this information from one decaying tomb to its succesor, thus preserving the priceless text for future generations.

In the dark caves these servants live out their lives toiling endlessly in dim candle light, stooping over heavy Obsidian desks and reading Lecturns made from the finest Oak transported from the Pegasus III system. the men themselves are heavily mechanicly altered to make the task at hand easer. Clad in a heavy burgony robe the scribe shuffled among the narrow passageways of books and overflowing shelves, peering down out of his deep hood he looked at the Tomb with excitement.

At last and by pure chance he had found the lost Second chapter of the First Founding, as all official records prior to the uncovering of this tomb had the entry of 'All records expunged from library' perhaps now the information could shed light on why or indeed if there was any reason for the records to be expunged at all ! But why has this great tomb been allowed to endure the eons, evading the scouring of tireless search servitors?

He placed the tomb on a lecturn. Barely visible from the end of his robe sleve long mechanical fingers clicked and fuzzed in to life, slowly tuning the decaying pages he analyzed every infinitecimal detail with the digital eye he was blessed with on acceptance to the great librarium.

As he pieced the tomb together from its many decaying and crumbling pages a startling revelation began to emerge. During the Hours Heresy the Emperors Hearts were divided as half their score turned towards Hours and half stayed loyal to the living god Emperor a bitter specter as the gifted psychic half of the Legion was corrupted by the massive influx of the warp energy as the gods of chaos gifted the many traitors with unearthly powers. The non psychic brothers who stayed loyal to the Emperor crushed their former brethren in bitter combats on the battle barges, planets, thunderhawk gun ships even in the squad Rhinos brother tore brother apart even the enhanced psychic traitors powers stood little chance at such hatred. The malice, shame, anger and the need to redeem their beloved chapter name drove the loyal brothers to fanatical states of mind.

Even though the remnants of the Emperors Hearts had proven themselves loyal they were distrusted by the other legions and the Inquisition were ready to initiate Exterminatus on their chapter world, and eradicate the remainder with the full force of the imperial navy within that subsector.

Primarch Amon Mastolneagle met with the other primarchs following the great mourning as the god emperor was placed in stasis on the golden throne he swore to all to leave known space and spread the word of the Emperor and deal his righteous justice to the unknown terrors and heretics beyond the limits of the known universe and in to the darkest depths of space he swore only to return when the emperor called upon him and pardon the chapter from their exile.

The beleaguered and battered Legions sought no further fight with the Emperors Hearts but no longer trusted them, as their gene seed must surely be tainted, so agreed to the pact. Safe in the knowledge that because the Emperor had been mortally wounded and incarcerated in the golden throne that no such pardon would ever come.

As the words of Primarch Amon Mastolneagle rang out in the great hall not somber, almost joyous as though he could see past the eons of space and time when his Legion would be forgiven by the Emperor and take their rightful place along side the great many other legendary first founding Chapters forged within the early Imperium.

The Emperors Hearts left known space as their homeworlds were being exorcised by the flames of Exterminatus.

A vortex tore through the minds eye of the scribe eons of time passed and great distances traversed in a moment, there he stood somewhere in the ultramar system he couldn't be sure which one of the many worlds of the Ultramar system he was on Or seeing within this vision, Tyranids millions of them descended on to the planet. The planets defenses caught off guard by the attack finally started to come on line sending earth cracking thunders through the ground on which he stood as vast plasma bolts streamed upwards to the Hive Fleet. Blue and white clad space marines began to appear in large columns infantry and ordnance weapons firing at the lumbering bio titans, gibbering Genestealers and their kin falling in vast numbers the survivors marched on crushing the fallen in to the earth. the vision widened, the scribe could see the same scene across the planet... On some continents the Ultamarines were loosing and falling back to fortified positions. He could make out through the heavy incoming fire and planetary defense barrages, smoke and low flying craft, drop pods one smashed in to the earth not one hundred feet away from him marines poured out firing bearing the name 'The Forgotten' this chapter anomaly had been whispered to be active on the eastern fringe and are proving invaluable in the defense against the tyranids, they must have been tracking the hive fleet and took it by surprise as the landfall of the hive fleets weapons ceased. The battle raging on in front of the scribe became blurred and objects became words...

Shock ! struck the face of the scribe as these visions left him unable to move. bound by a mighty strength in the near dark a giant man stood behind the scribe, glints of gold hinting at vast shoulder paldrons and chest plate his exaggerated facial features caught by the faint candle light gave little clue as to the assassins identity. silently the giant man slowly pulled back the tip of the dagger from the scribes back and released his grip around the scribes neck and shoulder reaching forward gently closing the tomb and removing it from the lectern. swiftly and silently the giant man disappeared extinguishing nearby candles with the speed he left a veil of darkness decended as the body fell........

The grey hot dry day just like evey other on Terra seemed some how cold and forbidding, looking down from 10,000 meters out of a palace window, Inquisitor Onsreth felt a great uneasyness, not about the grandure or the great scale or hieght of the palace, but something deeper.... something much deeper and darker clouded his mind.

Hmmm, Good start,

Thier are A few things I would suggest though.

1. As far as I am aware the Emperor Children were the only legion allowed to have the Emperor in their name and bear the Imperial Eagle, Everybody else used the Thunderbolt as the Symbol for the Emperor and the Imperiam.

2. The Inquisition is a post Heresy Organisation.

3. you may want to draw the time line back to closer to the Unification Wars as at least two of the HH books hints that both the 2nd and 11th have already meet thier fates/ done what needed to be done at some point before the Heresy but while some of the Primarchs were with their Legions

thanks Lorgars Servent good points to raise ill try to explain my reasons for these posible mistakes.

1.The Emperors children are indeed the only chapter allowed to have the Emperor in their name and bear the Imperial Eagle.... that we know of ! that doesnt mean to say that one or both of the second and eleventh chapters didnt have these.... after all the records have been deleted for some reason!

2.The Inquisition is a post Heresy Organisation ? however it did exist in a lesser form and lesser authority prior to the heresy

3. The 2nd and 11th have already meet thier fates...... its just my version of their fate as no story exists for it :D

i know when you posted. it needed filling out a little to see where i was goin with it hope the edit and answers make sense to you guys :)

here is some more ;)

please comment feed back is greatly appriciated ;)

His thoughts drifted back to his dreams while in staisis, which he finaly ended this very morning traveling back to holy Terra from the fringes of the Imperium. He stood in a staisis lock for two years his power armour serving as the biometric monitor. For two years he had been imobile, for two years he could feel the icy trechorous fingers of Chaos scour his mind and whisper promises of great power. He could easily overcome these petty attacks, but the eyes he saw ......... he could hear footsteps far off from behind, he allowed his thoughts to return........... ice blue eyes, he remebered them well, honnour and steel were the thoughts as the eyes stared at him, and him at the eyes, in a dark featureless plane he looked closer and could see arcs of electricity eminating from the pupils arcing out and falling back to the whites. some kind of vision ? he asked him self. The foot steps drew closer.

He pulled his gaze from the window and turned to greet his superior. "Well met my brother" said Chief Inquisitor Tiberious addressing Inquisitor Onsreth with a fondness. Chief Inquisitor Tiberious was a gaint even among the Adeptus Astartes his armour glissened with gold and addorned with great deeds and blessings from long past duties. his face was sharp and noble, almost Elven in apperance, though non would admit that to him directly, he was notorious for fits of rage even for the most minor of offences, even commanders were cruely dishonnoured and killed. "well met my Brother" Inquisitor Onsreth said with a broard smile "glad to be back here and ready to serve the Emperor and carry out his will"........ "ha ha you never cease to amaze me Onsreth, you return from an Extemanatus and two years in staisis. and yet you ask nothing of rest or favour" Chief Inquisitor Tiberious said turning to the window. Inquisitor Onsreth began "I had all the rest i requir......."

Chief Inquisitor Tiberious interupted "Well my ....friend i have a task for you to undertake here on Holy Terra" a brief uneasy pause seemed to linger far too long for Onsreth.

"A scribe has been murdered within the great librarium, i want you to find the cult responseble and give them the Emperors justice". Inquisitor Onsreth looked at Chief Inquisitor Tiberious quizicaly "Sir I hardly think that i should be condu....."Chief Inquisitor Tiberious turned back to face Onsreth and barked "Do i make my self clear ........ FRIEND". "Yes SIR completley clear SIR" Onsreth held his nerve and glared back "turning to the window once more Chief Inquisitor Tiberious simply muttred "good" Onsreth snapped to attention smashing his heavy arm against his chest "The Emperor wills it" and swiftly left.

Marching down the great coridoor Onsreth muttering to himself "scribe" and shook his head "I kill danm deamons and crush planets at will, and HE wants me to look in to a small cult" Onsreth sighed deeply and regained his composure. by the time Onsreth had reached his quarters on the other side of the great palace, he had already formulated a plan to capture the cult. Onsreth tapped in the security code on the panel beside the door a few beeps as the nubers were pressed a blue flash took his retanal scan and the door hissed and creaked open. He sat at the vast workstation as the heavy metalic doors closed

Archived