[insert generic greeting here]

Greetings from the tiny speck of clay known as the Netherlands!

My first attempts at fielding a 40K army started (way) back when I was about 16, but ended a few years later due to loss of interest. Then a few years ago I was 'diagnosed' as having Asperger's Syndrome and ended up at home 24/7 on disability. So after having the old flame rekindled by playing Dawn of War (I know, how lame is that?) I decided to give the hobby another go, seeing as how I have plenty of time to dedicate myself to it.

Finances have always been a big influence on my choice of possible armies, so this time around I have opted for the basic (and reliable) Space Marines to start out with. The 'Knights of Penumbria' are currently close to 1000pts strong, so I'm hoping to actually start playing in the near future (which, due to my Asperger's, could prove to be a bit tricky).

I love coming up with all sorts of weird ideas for Chapters and such, which normally leads to me fielding armies that have a cool look and story but tend to get slaughtered on the battlefield. This is something I do hope to change though, as I'm trying to focus a bit more on the strategic aspect of the game.

That is it for now; I'll stop myself before I really get going and this turns into some sort of scroll-fest. I hope to learn a thing or two about using my army efficiently whilst here, not to mention getting a whole heap of ideas for future projects!

Youd be amazed how many people DOW brought back into the game after years of hiatus. Its truely epic.

Anyways, welcome to the B+C. If you want to work on some of your fluff for your Knights of Penumbria, I reccommend the "Liber Astartes" subforum- the guys there are very very good at working out a good backstory, lots of tips and peer editing to be had.

For Tactics on the other hand, Tactica Astartes is a good place to go, and the army list subforums always have people willing to help you bounce ideas and tweak lists a bit.

Archived