The Repentant Lord

I'm putting aside Power until my writing skills significantly improve. However, the Iron Gauntlet Third Challenge requires five hundred to a thousand words of fluff to be written for a character. I am going to make a character for the Lords of Shadow, who are known for their lamentations at having traitor geneseed and must earn their place alongside the Emperor through constant battle and repentance. They will not go to his side with long histories of glory, they will sacrifice that so that they might be by his side at all.

This is the beginning of the fluff that I am writing for Lord Norkayne, leader of the Lords of Shadow fourth company.

In 937.M40, Norkayne was found worthy to begin the training to become a Lord of Shadow.

Later that year he became initiated into the Lords of Shadow and learned of his traitor geneseed and his mission for redemption.

23.M41 - Norkayne became part of the fourth companie's second tactical squad.

24 - 84.M41 - Norkayne earns the respect of his brothers and on 84.M41 he becomes brother sergeant after the previous sergeant is promoted after his squads actions on Syphic Secondary. Norkayne was also awarded a power sword for his perticularily effective actions.

89.M41 - With the aid of his squad, Norkayne manages to successfully banish a Keeper of Secrets.

100.M41 - At the turn of the century, Norkayne leads his squad into combat with an ork horde, alongside the rest of the Fourth Company. Ends up in confrontation with the ork warboss, who kills most of his squad before fleeing at wounds caused by Norkayne. Norkayne is greiviously wounded before the escape is made. However, the battle is won because the ork horde breaks at the sight of their warboss fleeing.

121.M41 - Norkayne saves the High Lord's life in battle. Is awarded a Crux Terminatus for his actions.

I'll mess up Norkayne later on.

Archived