Warhound Titans

I am going to order a Warhound Titan from Forgeworld at some point in the near future. I would like to magnetize it so I can interchange arms. It will be for my normal 40k armies when they face apocalyptic battles. Does anyone have any experiance with the two forgeworld Warhound Patterns, is one better than the other in any way (such as being easier to magnetize the arms). I'm leanind towards the Mars pattern simply because I think it looks better. I am going to order a Plasma Blastgun arm, as well as a Turbolaser Destructor arm, is this a good loadout, or should I be thinking of something better? I'm just wondering if someone with some direct experiance with these war machines could give me some hard won advice before I drop $400 CAD on the model :-).

As for the loadouts, check my signature for a link for a tactica on how to gear and use your Titan.

I think Turbolaser/PBG is my new favorite loadout since its well balanced and tough without having the stigma of SD spamming.

Visually, I like the Mars pattern more, the curvy body seems cooler compared to the blocky one.

I'm currently working on two warhounds as a commission, they are the wolf and jackal class lucius pattern ones. On the magnetising I guess you'll want to magnetise the waist and the guns, maybe the head. The Waist area is the same on both patterns, and if you magnetise it use some really strong magnets as the torso is very front heavy ( at least on the lucius)

Main difference on the guns are the mounts, as the mars pattern has a double ball joint mount and the lucius has a circular joint with a ball connecting to the gun itself. If you want to use the cables for the gun then glue them to the gun and magnetise them at the hull connectors at the connectors on the guns are not placed identically on the different weapon options. Mainly I think you should go for the mars pattern if you like that the best as the difference between the kits are so small construction wise, it all depends on the strength of the magnets as these parts are solid pieces cast in resin and are quite heavy. If you need pics of some sort let me know :)

Good luck !

Thanks for all the info. I will definatley go for the Mars Warhound then, I do like how it looks much better. I would love to see any pics you have of how you are magnetizing the arms. I won't be magnetizing the Torso, I just want to be able to switch out the arms if I need too (as in the future I do want to also pick up the vulcan mega cannon as well.)

Great choice! Again weapon loadouts make each Titan different an they say the better weapons for the titans are the turbo lasers. I suggest if u can buy atleast 4 weps get two lasers a plasma blastgun and mayb the megabolter but only if you plan to use it often. Otherwise the weps can make it too pricey to purchase! Heheh

When I build up my Mars pattern, forgeworld WOULDN'T give you the option to buy additional or differing weapons; so I have the mega-bolter and plasma blast gun on mine without magnets. Plasma is great, vulcan mega bolter (without rending as it is now) is rubbish, plain and simple.

I did however magnetise the waist section so I could detatch legs from body to store; my advise pick the magnets you THINK will be strong enough then use double the size or twice as many. I used large neo-modium magnets but still lost the legs once, at mid-point in the move accross battle field, broke a toe off -_-

As to pattern yes the Mars is far prettier OMO, and as to magnetising the guns, IF i was to build another one I'd try to find some rubberised piping to use as power cables and attactch a magnet to each end, and put corrisponding magnets of body and guns as well as a very large magnet on top ball of gun mounting and inside the shoulder.

• 1 year later...

My favourite loadout is the turbolaser and plasma blastgun as well. The megabolter is far from useless though. It is great as a hero killer. all those shots at AP3 - that hero is bound to fail enough invulnerable saves to do some damage and that is good for you if the hero has the eternal warrior special rule.

Perhaps this is a lot of points to spend to kill single characters but it is only one weapon so you can have your blastgun or whatever as the other arm. In apocalypse games with several players you can bet there will be quite a few rock-'ard named characters to justify a megabolter and a Warhound can move faster than many other super heavies that are similarly equiped.

Might be worth a few test games, but personally I like it.

G

Archived