'ard coat and washes?

Essentially I used to use the GW flesh ink to achieve effects like highly polished armour and brown ink to produce really nice looking leather on models. Now however as you are probably aware it is not an option :) (grr at GW).

Has anyone tried adding gloss varnish to the new (relatively) washes to achieve the same effect? And If so what ratio/s worked well.

Cheers,

Phoenix

The old inks are actually still being produced by Coat 'D Arms? I think the name is. They produce all the old school GW paints.

Otherwise, I haven't tried adding 'ardcoat to washes but I have used it over washed armor and it looks pretty shiny.

The old inks are actually still being produced by Coat 'D Arms? I think the name is. They produce all the old school GW paints.

That is, unfortunatly, only partly true.

Yes they produce the old school GW painbts BUT ( and this is huge but) old refers to the time GW paint pots had white tops and stuff (like ...i don't know a thousand years ago). Then GW changed the manufacturer, and they changed their colours. Now everything is new, everything. New names,the shades are slightly different etc. Then a few years later GW decided it was time to ruin the life of their minions once again. This time ALL the inks disappear alongside with some nice colours like brazen brass.

too long, didn't read?

The flesh wash Coat d'arms produces has go nothing to do with the glossy, rusty, amazing flesh wash GW dumped about 5 years ago. Sorry :/

Of course if you never had the new GW ink, you might have a chance but judging from your description of how you used the ink i think you are screwed

Archived