Victory is mine! ....apparently

ServoBadger

I played the Cut & Run Battle Mission against my usual Orky opponent on Friday evening. Due to the deployment restrictions, it was going to be a first turn assault, whoever got to go first. Which turned out to be him. He duly piled into me and most of my force evaporated (for the last two or three games I've seemed unable to roll higher than a three, which didn't help).

However.

What was left (other than a couple of MM Attack Bikes) was a ten man JP DC with Lemartes, two PWs and a TH, the Sanguinary Guard with an IP, CB & DMs plus Priest with PW and... the Sanguinor within 6" of everyone.

I was frankly amazed by how good the Sanguinary Guard turned out to be. It was the first time I'd used them, and the Sanguinor for that matter, but (when hanging out with the Sanguinor and a PW Priest) 25 power weapon attacks when being charged, and 31 S5 power weapons attacks on the charge is very impressive. Ironically they were also the most furious squad of Sanguinary Guard in the universe, as I rolled a 1 for their Red Thirst, and they had a Priest, AND they picked up another JP Priest who was the sole survivor of my Assault Squad along the way.

Anyway, although the DC, SG & Sanguinor mauled several units, under any normal mission I'd still have lost. However, because of the way Victory Points are calculated for Cut & Run I simply didn't have enough VPs on the table for him to outscore me, so I apparently won.

A strange game, but I'm definitely considering using the SG again!

Archived