Chaos Renegades Basing and Converting Questions

I've got a couple questions I'd really appreciate some help with:

First, what size base should a Daemon Prince have? I am converting an old Tzeentch Greater Daemon into a Prince and it came with a large square base. Gaming-wise, should it have a large Dreadnaught-sized base (60mm) or Terminator-sized base (40mm).

Second, I am thinking of adding some Berserkers to my force but don't think I want to add World Eaters. I like the look of the Knights of Blood but am a bit stuck on how to represent them and achieve that paint scheme. All I am really sure about is that I'd like to make sure they have 'running' legs to show they are pounding toward their enemies as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Gaming wise it states that it should have at least a 40mm base. This being stated, it *could* have a larger base. There are a couple of reasons one may wish to do this, 1 being a larger more scenic base with more interest, and 2, being able to shove more models into base to base contact with it if it is equipped as a close combat monster.

For the 2nd, use the Berzerkers box set and instead of using the 'bunny ears', use a different style of head (such as the 'steam knight' heads that have been gaining in popularity from MaxMini). Other than that, convert like you would any other marine figures.

What was said above.... and I have personally done both ;) .

My demon prince is on a 60mm base... a 40mm couldn't fit him... he is pretty wide. That and it is a custom base that I ordered that looks amazing ;) .

And I put different heads on my bezerkers. If you want some chaos heads without having to buy a whole kit you can do a couple things.

Bit order them. TheWarStore.com has some, or sometimes you'll get lucky on eBay.

Ask friends for extras, the CSM box comes with more heads then there are guys.

Buy conversion kits that have other heads. The Iron Warrior conversion kit comes with a few heads, some bionics, and the heads while different from normal chaos marine heads don't ahve anything distinct that would prevent them from looking fine in another army. There might be other conversion kits as well.

Archived