Blood Angel and Eldar relations

Gharad

So I am tad new here. My friends and myself enjoy talking about the mysteries of 40k more then is healthy for us, and he got the Blood Angels dex when it came out.

I am not sure of his exact sources, but he was talking about how every time the Blood Angels find a potential clue to the Red Thirst/ Black Rage cure the Eldar show up and destroy the evidence. He was also saying how at times the Eldar have turned up randomly to aid the Blood Angels and such.

I was just wondering if anyone had any theories on this?

I did try some search-fu but I don't have a 'high' enough belt ^_^

Pop' culture prescient theory contains this big problem when the universe is full of the clairvoyant. Blame Frank Herbert.

It goes something like this. If two people can see the future and make changes in opposition to each others goals, the future stops being predictable.

I reckon the Eldar don't like the idea of The God Emperor's talent getting out of hand all over the place. They know that Sanguinius was full of it and Blood Angels contain his seeds as well as a psychic link to something. If this talent goes global on His angels, and they network with the something, the Eldar (seer) ability to map destiny will go down the proverbial and they will have no chance to see a way out of their impending extinction. On the other hand, their immediate future can use the tools at hand which can be Blood Angels, if they play it right. So.. it's like the old proverb; keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

When you get right down to it, The Emperor and Sanguinius are/were much better at it than individual Eldar seers were. No tools required, no casting of runes, nothing. Just raw unadulterated power... and in the case of The Emperor, a terrifying level of ambition.

With regards to Mephiston, perhaps they view him as a gauge of potential along these lines. Perhaps their view of his future muddies at some point because of burgeoning prescient ability. Perhaps their future muddies because of him and they wish to see if t'll be for good or evil. Perhaps they wish to see if they can help or hinder the change, thinking that it'll help them understand the rest of Blood Angel potential. Perhaps they watch him because things go very very bad if they just kill him.

*shrug*

Canon is increasing the incidence of regular Blood Angel prescience.

-Dante's temporal tactical ability as mentioned in the C:BA in the Necron bit and Corbolo's All Seeing Eye special rule.

But..."Meph"-odman was always a Librarian...still a regular tac. marine with simular stat buffs would be beast.

As for the question at hand...Eldrad has been around since before the start of the great crusade...my guess, he had a hard on for Sanguinus and still gives 'spect to his boys. Just my guess...

Personally...as a Flesh Tearer, I hate faildar. And my first Deathwatch Character will be a Flesh Tearer Apothocary *cough* Sang Priest *cough*

It would seem to me that the Eldar have forseen that the Blood Angels, Mephiston in particular, will play some pivotal role in their future, assumedly related to their rapidly approaching extinction. Their actions toward the Sons of Sanguinius and Mephiston therefore, I would postulate are to either assure an event or series of events comes to pass, and/or to prevent a particular event from occuring. Apparently, hampering the Blood Angels' efforts to cure The Flaw are linked to those goals.

It would seem to me that the Eldar have forseen that the Blood Angels, Mephiston in particular, will play some pivotal role in their future, assumedly related to their rapidly approaching extinction. Their actions toward the Sons of Sanguinius and Mephiston therefore, I would postulate are to either assure an event or series of events comes to pass, and/or to prevent a particular event from occuring. Apparently, hampering the Blood Angels' efforts to cure The Flaw are linked to those goals.

The beat the flaw...and just using old Mephiston as a guage for what happens, it would just get stupid for the enemies of mankind...Tau hosed, Chaos hosed, Nids hosed...the list goes on.

Blood Angels, like pretty much all Marines, will kill Eldar when they can, but will work with Eldar against worse foes.

The Eldar do seem interested in Mephiston in particular.

Blood Angels, like pretty much all Marines, will kill Eldar when they can, but will work with Eldar against worse foes.

The Eldar do seem interested in Mephiston in particular.

I agree with James. Like all Loyalist Space Marines, the Blood Angels hate the Eldar and see them as a desecration in the Emperor's galaxy. So they aim to kill-kill and purge-purge whenever possible.

There are situations though when a forced alliance is necessary.

So I am tad new here. My friends and myself enjoy talking about the mysteries of 40k more then is healthy for us, and he got the Blood Angels dex when it came out.

I am not sure of his exact sources, but he was talking about how every time the Blood Angels find a potential clue to the Red Thirst/ Black Rage cure the Eldar show up and destroy the evidence. He was also saying how at times the Eldar have turned up randomly to aid the Blood Angels and such.

I was just wondering if anyone had any theories on this?

I did try some search-fu but I don't have a 'high' enough belt ^_^

I don't know much about theories, but I can say that this past weekend I had the displeasure of playing 3, yes THREE Eldar armies in Hard Boys. Not surprisingly, I did not win the tournament. Only Eldar can lose 95% of their forces and still force a draw. But I am happy to announce that I successfully reduced the universe of scores and scores of Xenos scum, including no less then 3 Farseers, Eldrad, Yriel, the Avatar of Khaine and a couple dozen warlocks. Yes, it was a good day.

You can find a more detailed writeup on my Blood Angels Blog.

Jawaballs

Archived