Spraypaint on Forge World models

I have a Grey Knight Venerable Dread and Inquisitor Rex and friends sitting in a box on my desk. I want to paint them but don't want to hand paint the undercoat and was wondering if it is safe to spray them? I've never used resin models before and have no idea if it's safe. I asked some guys at a tourney at the end of last year and they just laughed. :S

from own experience, you should be fine spraying them, but make sure you washed the parts to all the models, since you get resin dust, which will ruin your paint job as it will brush of when painted, sprayed and handled.

they have articles on forge world website where i'm sure they have some category/FAQ about it!

my BT VenDread is spray undercoated. It woks fine as long as you clean it with lukewarm soapy water first.

The soap is needed to make sure you wash off any of the mould releasing agent first. it not only stops the resin sticking to the mould, it also stops the paint sticking to the resin :D

they have articles on forge world website where i'm sure they have some category/FAQ about it!

They HAD articles on that site.

I expect they will return when the cybermonkeys running it extract their digits and put some useful content back there.

Wash carefully with a good grease-cutting detergent and lukewarm water (not hot- but not cold. Hot water will just cause you more problems as it softens the resin, but cold water won't dilute the detergent enough to get it into spots).

Spray with any decent spray (I do not class any of GWs spray paints as a "decent" paint) - like an automotive primer.

Allow to dry, paint as normal. Varnish afterwards.

Done properly, the paint should stay where it is put.

Archived