Let the blood flow

Played a game of 2000 pts BloodAngels vs Orks here are the lists

Orks

Big Mek (with the Burnas in Scorcha wagon)

Kustom Force field, Burna, Cybork(CB), Bosspole(BP), Eavy armor

Warboss (with Ard boys)

Eavy armor, Big choppa(BC), Cybork, BP, Shoota/scorcha

12 Lootas

11Burnas

20 Ard boys, Inc Nob w/PowerKlaw (PK) and BP and 2 Big shootas (BS)

20 Shootas, Inc Nob w/BC and BP and 2 BS

3X12 Boys, Inc Nob w/PK, BP, BS in a truck with wrecking ball each

4 bikes, Inc Nob, w/PK, BP

2 Deffkoptas with rockits

1 Deffdread with 4XDCCW

1 Looted wagon, Boomgun, ardcase, BS

1 Looted wagon, Scorcha, 2BS, ram

Blood Angels

Dante (with Sanguinary guard)

Sanguinary guard w/ Chapter banner, Power fist (PF), Infernos pistol

3XSanguinary priest, Jump packs, pPower weapon (PW)

2XAssault squad, Sergeant w/PF 2 hand flamers

8 Death company, Thunderhammer, 2PW in a rhino

2XBaal Predator with all flamers

1 Whirlwind

1 Furioso, Extra armor Heavy flamer (Forgot about flamer)

The setup was spearhead with 3 objectives. One was in the middle of the board with another about 16 inches away directly toward the short edge of my deployment zone and another one toward the long edge. This formed what I predicted would be a triangle of death at the beginning of the game.

Terrain setup had 4 craters in each corner with another crater on the short board of his zone and some woods on my short board. A ruin was middle of board with 2 more about 10 inches on either side toward short edge and long edge.

I won initiative and gave him first turn. He deployed most everything as far forward as possible except the lootas which were in the building toward his short edge and the boomwagon deployed in the crater in his deployment zone. His footslogging big squads were in the middle with 2 trucks and looted burna wagon toward his long edge and the third truck and dread toward mine. the bikes and koptas were behind his two trucks on his side.

My Death company rhino and 1 Assault squad hid behind the ruin on my long board edge. The 2 Baal preds were behind the ruin in front of the woods with a Furioso next to one and the assault squad using them as cover. My Whirlwind was behind the crater in my zone and Dante with his sanguinary guard stayed in orbit. A priest was attached to each assault squad and the sanguinary guard respectively.

He scout moves his koptas along the edge to side shot at my Baal pred behind the building. I decline to scout move either pred. Dante declares his warboss to be his target for the death mask so his stats go down.

TURN 1: Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go!

With a mighty cheer the Orks surged forward on all fronts. Only the lootas remain still to take some shots. The boomwagon can't see anyone so does nothing. He fires the lootas at my Whirlwind and immobilizes it. His koptas and bikes pound the side of one of my Baal preds but only get a few shakes.

The blood angels feel the blood boiling in their veins and respond to the Orks with an advance of their own. The two Baal preds move, one forward and the other backwards since it can't shoot anyway. My furioso rounds the corner ready to blast a truck right in front of it. My nearby assault squad charges out to kill his bikers. My DC rhino pulls out to my left but hides out of LOS from his boomwagon ready to counter my opponents moves. He pops smokes as well in case the lootas feel frisky. My nearby assault squad consolidates behind the ruin a little more ready to counter where needed. Whirlwind doesn't move and Dante and friends are happily floating down on Angels wings. My shooting takes a chunk out of his shoota squad from the Whirlwind and knocks a wreckingball off the truck near my long edge. The Baal that can toast a few bikes and thanks to careful placement one kopta was well. Assaults see the bikes wiped out quickly and the assault squad consolidate to where the truck squad will be wiped out if the furioso can kill the truck...sadly he fails to hit it even once (including his meltagun from shooting) so bad luck there.

TURN 2: Fried space marine, my favorite!

Well now I have a line of assault marines next to a truck and burnas sitting right next to them in their wagon...(oops) The truck next to them disembark into the building on the other side. The other truck nearby moves up to surround the Baal that helped toast the bikes and a kopta with its boys. The third truck gets ready to charge my assault squad hiding on my board edge. his dread follows nearby but to far to charge. His shootas moves towards the assault squad surrounding his truck. His big ard boy squad waddles forward some more in the middle. For shooting his lootas felt frisky so take a few shots and blow up the DC rhino. I dumbly deploy them in LOS to his boomwagon. which scatters but still kills 2. The Orks who were gonna charge the nearby assault squad see this new threat and change their minds to turn on them but can't hit a brick wall. The other assault squad takes 103 :eek :jaw: Flamer template hits from his burnas, big mek, and the wagon. After what feels like a million saves, 6 are dead. 30 more shots from two Ork squads takes down 1 more. His last kopta shoots the furioso in the butt but misses. In the assaults his ill fated truck squad gets wiped out to fast from the Death company to even fight back. The other truck squad fails to even hit my Baal pred and the shootas are the only ones to charge my now smoking hot assault squad. His assault loses a few and in return I am reduced to the priest and sergeant who do to combat results only the sergeant remains in combat.

My turn starts with Dante and friends saying boo to the lootas by dropping about a inch from their face. Hiding from his boomwagon in the process. My DC rage their way over to the truck that just lost all its boys to them. My nearby assault squad leeps over the building ready to charge his Ard boys. The lonely priest and furioso get ready to help the remaining sergeant from my other assault squad. both baal preds position for shots, the one that was charged backs up a bit and the other lines up on the squad now in the building. After shooting the truck squad that assaulted my Baal gets a toasty thank you and disappears in a puff of smoke. The other baal isn't as lucky due to the squad being on two different floors but still kills 6 and wounds the nob. My other assault squad puts a few ard boys out of action prior to charging in. Dante and friends shoot up the lootas and kill 4 but they decline to run away (nuts) In assault my sergeant and priest and dread only manage to kill 5 but take no wounds in return. The DC crushes the truck into a pile of scrap...a less mobile one then before anyway. The other squad kills several ard boys and losses 2 for their troubles.

TURN 3: The Bermuda Blood triangle :whoops:

The assault squad in combat with his boss is quickly surrounded by Burnas and a dread. His only remaining truck boys leave the building to try to help finish my priest and sergeant and dread (oh my!) The two trucks drive up next to each Baal to try and wrecking ball them. The game is basically focused on two large combats in the middle with a pair of Baal preds running rampant and him doing everything to try to kill them. Lootas try to shoot up Dante and friends but no one dies. His boomwagon scatters wildly off target and manages to shake 1 pred. In the assaults my Furioso kills off the shootas and the priest kills 2 from the other squad. The priest ends up dead and the dread and sergeant are now free from combat with them. The other combat I direct as many attacks to his burnas as possible and take out 6. The ard boys loss a couple in return. My whole squad is then killed except the sergeant who kills 2 more and is killed by the nob. He trys to spread out his consolidations a bit to prevent flamers wiping him out.

My marines get into a frenzy from all the blood being spilt and mass charges are in order. The dread gets ready to finish the burnas and big mek, and the sanguinary guard and death company get ready to charge the warboss and Ard boys. My lonely sergeant who has survived far more then any man has the right to steps up to the Scorcha wagon ready to bash it in with his power fist. Both Baal preds get ready to toast some Orks. One goes around the building to line up on the burna boys and the other gets ready to avenge the priest who got swamped by the truck squad. Shooting sees this squad finished and half the remaining Burnas as well. A few more lootas are blasted by the whirlwind and they still don't run. A couple ard boys fall leaving about 10 and the boss left. My Furioso (who by the way has not shot a single thing...should have remembered that flamer :jaw: ) misses the Burnas but in assault wipes them out along with the mek. Dantes mask makes the ard boys WS1 and after he single handedly kills 5 he simply removed the rest since the death company and the sang guard were still to attack. The sergeant still steaming from his flamer incident punches some holes in the Scorcha wagon wrecking it twice and destroying a weapon...aah sweet sweet revenge.

TURN 4: Where did everybody go?

All he has remaining at this point is a dread, two trucks, 6 lootas, a kopta and the boomwagon. Still able to contest we keep going. He moves the dread to take out my furioso. and his two trucks surround the Baal pred on his side of the table hoping for some wrecking ball smashing. he forgets all about his kopta as he was on the very edge of the board. From shooting he does....drum roll please....nothing. in assaults he does wreck the furioso and shake the pred. (in hindsight he rolled a hell of a lot of shakes...maybe he likes icecream or something)

My turn basically was DC going after the dread and my lonely sergeant and Sang guard consolidating on objectives. I did drive my second Baal back around the building and immobilize one truck with shooting. The DC easily tore the dread apart in close combat and lost none in return.

TURN 5: Mop em up mr janitor

His kopta (which he now remembers) moves to shoot my whirlwind (mostly from spite) The last mobile truck chases after my shaken Baal (again out of spite, and the fact we were having a lot of fun laughing about the wrecking balls and imagining Ork trucks driving by slamming Baals with balls) Lootas shot at the whirlwind and stunned it. his kopta missed as he had pretty much done since turn 2 onward. His boomwagon took a shot at the Baal being chased by the truck and missed barely enough so the template center was off. No assaults...except the truck swinging at my Baal again but it missed.

My sang guard jumped close to the lootas to attempt to finish them off and DC went slowly after the kopta. The Baal that the boomwagon took a shot at went in to shoot back. My other baal caught up to his truck ready for toast Ork. And my lonely sergeant hide inside a building right on top of a objective. Shooting saw the lootas take off running when only 3 remained and the last truck exploding when its engine got cooked. My sang guard was still close enough to a objective since they did not charge, but now a boomwagon was looking right at them.

The game ended at this point with a decisive victory for the blood angels. we claimed 2 objectives and the third was unclaimed by either side.

My MVP status was a tough decision since my Baal predators killed sooo many Orks and didn't even take a dent in return, but the sergeant who survived the overwhelming amount of flamers, then survived multiple combats, wrecked the looted wagon in return and finally claimed a objective has got to get my vote... He is now referred to as super sergeant.

My opponent did not really have a MVP as no one really stood out as outstanding in anyway. I guess his dread did more then anyone else by killing most of a tactical squad and killing the furioso.

All in all it was a really fun game and the first I have gotten to play with sanguinary priests in my lists. Those feel no pain saves made a huge difference and are the only reason my assault squad wasn't toasted immediately. Thanks for reading guys. :thanks:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived