Combat Squadding a Drop Pod Assault Unit

rodgambit

Is it possible to combat squad them while in reserve?

The idea being in a kill points game you drop the full 10 man unit down.

For an objective game drop down 5 in the pod with double melta for tank popping and either start the other 5 on the table or bring them in from reserve on your table edge to grab a rear objective. Is this allowed?

Thanks

You can combat squad while they are in reserve. But remember its separate reserve roles.

My question on combat squads...

if you have 9 characters + a IC in a Drop pod, and the pod lands can you combat squad 5 in on CS and 4+IC in the other??

@Rodgambit

Units can only combat squad when they are deployed. So you can’t have half on the board and half in the pod. They can only combat squad when the unit disembarks the pod because the combat squad rule says you can.

@TrentL

You can only combat squads listed under the combat squad rule that equal ten men. As in you need the tactical squad to be a 10 man squad in order to combat squad them and since an IC is not a tactical marine a nine man tactical squad plus a IC could not combat squad.

Darn I really wanted to drop pod in sternguard with some feel no pain love from a priest combat squad them and take out some tanks :cuss Stupid 10 limit on drop pods...

Stupid BA droppod limit of 10, not 12 like others. They gotta handcuff our awesomeness somehow. Can you imagine the hurt we'd put on people with a 10-man anything + 2 SPs and then Combat Squadding them!?!

Darn I really wanted to drop pod in sternguard with some feel no pain love from a priest combat squad them and take out some tanks :) Stupid 10 limit on drop pods...

Stupid BA droppod limit of 10, not 12 like others. They gotta handcuff our awesomeness somehow. Can you imagine the hurt we'd put on people with a 10-man anything + 2 SPs and then Combat Squadding them!?!

Get Chappies and Priests jumppacks, and you will be there turn two for all there awesomeness

Darn I really wanted to drop pod in sternguard with some feel no pain love from a priest combat squad them and take out some tanks :) Stupid 10 limit on drop pods...

Don't worry. They did that to us Wolves, too. :P Ragnar, Arjac, Logan and nine Wolf Guard would have been pretty fearsome in and of itself.

The limit, 12, was originally ruled a typo, if I remember correctly. Same with the Land Raiders.

Darn I really wanted to drop pod in sternguard with some feel no pain love from a priest combat squad them and take out some tanks Stupid 10 limit on drop pods...

dont worry too much, just take a 9 man squad and attach a priest. one man down is a small price to pay for fnp and fc. also, you can still take two special weapons.

(anyway, gw had to include a few reasons for people to not do ba, otherwise our codex would have shadowed this normal sm codex in everyway. those few things like thunderfire cannon, land speeder storm and drop caps give codex sm its seperate strengths. i still prefer ba dex though! :))

Archived