archangels strike force

jeremy1391

ok so i have been toying around with this ide in my head to do a slightly non conventional blood angel army based around the first company "the archangels"

now the back bone of this army would come in the form of two full size stern guard squads and two full size vanguard squads.

then after reading through the codex and seeing where it says "it is not uncommon for one or two squads of scouts from the chapters tenth company are attached to the chapters strike forces (or something of that nature)" so i thought sweet there are my two troops to stick with this theme.

and for support i would draw a reserve devastator squad from the ninth company to bring the big guns to bear for my mighty veterans.

to lead i couldnt think of any other angel than dante himself and he would be accompanied by a squad of sanguinary guard.

this army would weigh in at 2500 points..... i have the models and think it would be really cool but i dont know if it would be very viable....

what are your thoughts?

Sounds like 76 Infantry models, 50 of which being footsloggers with no transports or armoured support. I'd try to go 1 squad of each and get a pair of Baals at least and 2 Assault Cannon Razorbacks to support the Sternguards and Devies.

oh forgot to mention that the sternguard are in rhino's

and the scouts are combat squading the combat squad with sarge with locator will infiltrate so i will have two forward deployed locators and two squads mounted in rhino's

Archived