What's a good list to base an AdMech army off of?

I was planning to use Daemonhunters since I would have access to both grunt Skitarii in the form of Inducted Guard platoons as well as scary 3+ and 2+ saves to represent the more elite Martian units like Secutors from Dark Heresy.The only problem is that the new Grey Knights codex that's supposedly in the works is rumored to be completely devoid of allies. So I'm here now looking for suggestions from you more veteran Mechanicus afficcionados. Bear in mind that I'm really attached to Guard-style Skitarii platoons.

Thanks in advance.

Well if you're dedicated to using the Inquisition as a base for you Skitarii I'd go with the Witch Hunters, you'll have the options for inducted guard/marines and all the cool stuff you can gear out your inquisitors/SoB squads. Another option I propose to you is the Tempus Fugitives Cult Mechanicus codex, it's a fandex, yes, but it's a very well made and balanced fandex, if your gaming group's willing to let you give it a try I think you'll find it be a fun list.

Although if your group is as closed to such an idea as a nun is to a BDSM convention then go with WH/inducted guard. A final option you could try is Blood Angels with DH allies which is an idea I've been kicking about since I first read the codex.

Thanks. Part of why I wanted to use DH was also for the superior Grey Knights statline. I like the idea of lots of mediocre or worse troops stiffened by a ridiculously hard elite. I love the Sisters but they just couldn't match up to a Secutor in terms of statline. Do you have a link to the Temus Fugitives codex? My group is really chill.

Archived