painting question Angels Encarmine

sodhero

hello, im very new to posting and painting as well lol. i fell in love with ba because of there jump troops and death co... i decided on angels encarmine because i love the the death co in white for some reason unknown to me.. ive looked around different places and i am unsure of how to go about painting the rest of the troops. i have the foundation paint set, ink wash set, and alot of others(gore red, blood red, blazing orange, golden yellow) plus many more. any advice tips. steps .. help out greatly.. i have alot of models assembled(2 halves of AoBR, 2 complete dev heavy weapons) 2 full assault squads, 10man death co, 2 baals, 1 pred, 1 death co dred of furiouso not sure yet) 3 rhinos, and i just purchased 2 valkyries to make my own storm raven. im supper excited.. thanks

Could you be more specific?

Here we can see an AE marine:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/7/72/Angels_Encarmine_Armor.png

And here:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/9/94/Angelsencarminemini.jpg

Black trim and primarily black packs seem to be their trademark.

Their chapter icon is a blood drop with bat wings.

http://ironhands.com/mp_encar.gif

sry i mean. i started with chaos black primer,, then im thinking of just painting their bodies with mehrite red, then do i try ink washing, or do u think i should try a dry brush with blood red or gore red. then try and wash,, or even try and add a littl blazing orange to one of the reds.... sry im really new to painting.. orks are suposta look grubby. i want my marine to be prestine

Well you have a few options. I'm not one of the more experienced painters around, but Games Workshop supposedly does their Blood Angels with a Mechritw Red base and then going over that with Blood Red. I think you can leave the orange out of it.

I have all the painting books that GW has produced lately (How to paint SM's, how to Paint Citadel Mini's) as well done a bunch of research online. Most paint scheme's I've seen start with a WHITE base not a Black Base.

Myself I prime black, do a white coat with an air brush, then a red coat with an air brush.

Since you probably don't have an air brush I'd apply a thin layer or 2 of Mech. Red, then move to Blood Red (If you want your guys to have a brigher red)

I recently just got back into WH40k after 10+ years away. I never played that much in 3rd ed really it was more of a painting hobby since my friends I would play with rarely ever played, and then college happened and other past times took the place of 40k. Now that I'm older 40k was calling to me again and just so happens I work with a few people who play, so I'm back!

I've also fallen in love with the Angels Encarmine and recently started purchasing and painting my own army. I have been basing my Assault Marines in army painter pure red with chaos black and boltgun metal pistols/swords, darkangel green eyes, golden yellow chest crests, and bleached bone skulls. I basically followed the guidelines in the codex for the colorsheme, with black trim on the shoulders. I've made my ASM helmets red instead of yellow as I hate the yellow helmets and the picture in the codex actually showed an Encarmine ASM with a red helmet so I felt justified in following suit. After I get the based coats and details done I used the army painter strong shade and then finished them off with a matte varnish. I really like the results I've gotten so far (only finished 1 ten man squad so far) the shader really made all the difference. They looked good before, even considering my mediocre painting skills but the shader really pushed them over the top in my opinion. Eventually I am going to add some DC into the mix and really think their off-white armor (I'm thinking bleached bone maybe) will be a great contrast to the rest of the red mass of troops.

For vehicles I've been basing them w/ army painter pure red, with black/boltgun metal details added, washing recesses with devlan mud, highlighting with blazing orange, adding mud with drybrushed graveyard earth and scorched earth stippled over that, skulls are again bleached bone and varios golden yellow parts (headlights etc), and decals to taste. I actually quite like what my vehicles are looking like so far. I'm a slow painter so they take me a while but the results are worth it I think. I've finished 1 pred and 2 razordbacks so far and absolutely love them.

(eventually I'll get some pics up in a blog :woot:)

Archived