Furioso Librarian

JamesI

A friend of mine made a beautiful Furioso Librarian for me.

gallery_3059_3944_687051.jpg

It will be hitting the table in the next game I play, then probably retire for a time until I get some paint on it. As my wife said, even if its not worth the points, its too cool a figure not to use.

I know the sword hilt is made out of a lascannon turret, and the helmet is off of a DC or Sanguinary Guard sprue (can't remember which one I got it off of).

The libby looks great. It kind of reminds me of the end of Avatar where the mech suit pulls out the knife. On a slightly different note... has anyone used a Libby Dread to good effect? I really want to run one however I am having a hard time working it into my list. Im also having a hard time figuring out how to get him into combat.

The libby looks great. It kind of reminds me of the end of Avatar where the mech suit pulls out the knife. On a slightly different note... has anyone used a Libby Dread to good effect? I really want to run one however I am having a hard time working it into my list. Im also having a hard time figuring out how to get him into combat.

I'll try to inform people how he does after I get to test him. So far no games with him yet (just got it Monday)

if it wernt for me seeing another similar one an hour ago id be all :) Unfortunatelly i prefer the other one i saw, yours is still cool though. Ill linksy the other too for inspiration.

Thats just a Wraithlord's sword in a Dread's hand. Looks pretty boring and out of place. Eldar weapons? Really?

@JamesI: Totally awesome. Thats one impressive forceweapon. Maybe I'll steal that idea. ^_^

That's gorgeous.

and the helmet is off of a DC or Sanguinary Guard sprue (can't remember which one I got it off of).

Yay, I'm useful—it's from the Sanguard kit. I'm positive, because that's the same helmet my chapter master has!

what so styles cant overlap? i like it on a dread as its still hard, yet elequent as blood angels are. Yes if it was mine i would havealtered it a bit but its still a god use of parts i believe and i like it. I like both force weapons equally, ones more bruital and the other artistic. as i said they are different, hardly boring.

I think the sword looks far to big for the model. The arm that holds the sword has had to be extended past the length of the other arm giving the model a very unbalanced feel. Nice converting work, very neat, but I dont think the sword really ties in with the model that well.

Archived