How do you make an Adeptus Custode?

I hav had some recent insperation to make some Adeptus Cusodes. But how do you make em?

i was thinking of gey nights halberds, dark angel bodies high elf swordmaster heads for the core of the model.

If you then add on stuff like purity seals a storm bolter onto the halbard, add some aquilas and some green stuff work the model (mainly the eagle on the helmit) you could hav a nice looking mini.

What are some other ways that this could be done? (preferbly cheap)

personally I would be more likely to go with Sanguinary Guard and High Elf heads rather than Dark Angels Pjs and I'm a Dark Angels player :<... and since they wear golden artificer armour... it is pretty appropriate... although if you wanted to spend a bit more maybe order some bits off the internet such as plastic commander backpacks (with eagle heads) and also the leather hanging things that go around the waist/crotch that you get with the commander.... I don't know what they are called... but I think they would look good.

I've been giving this some thought as a long term modeling project.

This is my desktop background, so I've been studying it a lot over the last few weeks.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/arch...64391028586.jpg

The roman legionnaire waist armor from the SM captain box plays a big part for the Termies, and those shoulder pads, I know there's a place online that you can get ones that look exactly like that, but I cannot for the life of me remember where it is right now, and my bookmarks have failed me. I think the Gargoyle heads from various Chaos packs could be converted into Eagle heads for those flamers, and I think that just some small plasticard piping with a converted bolter, and spikes from somewhere would make decent Guardian Spears.

Eldar guardian heads would be a good place to start for the cone heads, but bringing them up to probably true-scale would be necessary. Topknots from Orks would work for the red plumes

For torsos I'd actually just use regular SM torsos for the majority. Just shave off any markings and etch lightning bolts into it.

Capes I'd just greenstuff, and I'm actually practicing my greestuff skills by making lots and lots of capes trying to get a good one for my =][=. I just suck so bad at it.

There's loads more you could do, and honestly I just browse the GW website for hours sometimes, looking at the different models seeing what kind of stuff would work where. That's why I'm probably going to fork over the 20 bucks and get the catalog for this year.

Sanguinary Guard is what I'm doing. For the Inner Circle I buy unused High Elf heads.

By the way, not all Custodes have the pointy helmets, most likely only the Veterans or it's some kind of special honour.

Ive built a squad that I think look very nice.

You need:

Ork topknots and choppas

High Elf heads and spears

marine legs, bolter, arms and backpack

warriours of chaos bodies.

Step 1: carefully remove the Chaos warriors legs right below the thigh armor, and remove the arm slots from upper torso, then glue the warrior together

Step 2: cut the SM legs apart just above the knees

Step 3: glue the SM legs to the Chaos Warriors

Step 4: cut SM arms right below the shoulder guard, remove the firing hand.

Step 5: Cut the blade from the spear and remove the mag and foregrip from the bolter. attach the bolter and choppa blade to the end of the spear.

Step 6: glue the arms and spear to the model.

Step 7: attach the backpack and head

I don't have any WiP pics, but here are a few of my completed custodes

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/eddtheman70/IMG_0229.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/eddtheman70/IMG_0299.jpg

Great ideas. :D Heavily converted grey nights with capes and elf parts with some cool green stuff. I think if you used plastic card for extra shin and shoulder pads as well. All of this to gether woul probably make a realy cool mini.

Also the custodes do use terminator armor.

How would you do that? would it be the same as the power armor one just with come extra green stuff work? (and TDA obviously)

First I would like to say;

CURSE YOU ALL!!!!

I had just about talked myself out of my Custodes idea since I couldn't find the bitz I want and don't particularly feel like buying $300 worth of kits to build 5 guys. Then I ran across this thread and I saw the image that Inache posted and it got my brain rolling about Custodes again. So curse you all! I want to do my Custodes conversion again!!!!

Next thing, I worked this up in about 20 minutes. Please excuse the clamp heads. The Guitar wire wants to pull the body apart so until the glue fully sets and dries I have the entire flammer clamped together.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/heavyFlammer.jpg

Archived