Dust in display cabinet!

Hello members of the Bolter and Chainsword forums.

I am using the ubiquitous IKEA all- around glass display cabinet to store and display my models. However I noticed that the dust gets even inside the cabinet , thus covering the glass shelves and the models themselves.

I would like to know just how to keep the dust off my models... its annoying having to keep my beautifully painted Blood Angels inside the carrying case....

And also , whats the best way to remove the dust from the models? On my models the dust is not " visible " but the glass bottom has it , and so does the models...

Thanks in advance

Stefoserpent

In general, it sounds like you just don't have much air flow in the room. Most dust is dead skin cells and pet debris.

Try opening the window every now & then and running a vacuum cleaner to suck the room. You'll notice a dramatic reduction in the amount of dust in the room in general, in addition to what collects in the cases.

FYI; I use the same kind of cabinets and don't have a problem with dust in the cases. And we have THREE cats!

As for the vacuum cleaner , maybe I will get something like this.

Absolutely!

The way to combat dust is not to let it build up in the first place.

Well, I never thought we'd get onto household cleaning on B&C!

And also: those cabinets are awesome :) I have two. They fill up alarmingly quick though!

Archived