Black Rage/Red Thirst and Sanguinary Guard

Oh balls... just realised my reply from 4 hrs ago didnt work. D'oh!

To paraphrase: Hope I didnt come across too nasty, but the above discussion of SG not suffering from Red Thirst, how/if this made them better than Captains at resisting (as Tycho fell) is case in point for doing your own research - people get it wrong. Sometimes because of fanboi-ism, sometimes genuine mistake, but either way is a short chinese whisper from a complete balls-up. Glad you're intending to do your own background research, but personally I'm still not sold on your basic premise. I really dont think an original SG would against the Emperor because his primarch lost his life battling against Horus. I'm sure you can say 'what if X and Y...' and as there is no official fluff specifically against its happening you can always argue 'tell me where it says this never happened', but it just doesnt feel right in my head.

But its your story, your DIY, and your models after all, so dont let that stop you. Post up your DIY, I might drop by with some constructive criticism on details other than the basic premise that you might find useful.

Oh balls... just realised my reply from 4 hrs ago didnt work. D'oh!

To paraphrase: Hope I didnt come across too nasty, but the above discussion of SG not suffering from Red Thirst, how/if this made them better than Captains at resisting (as Tycho fell) is case in point for doing your own research - people get it wrong. Sometimes because of fanboi-ism, sometimes genuine mistake, but either way is a short chinese whisper from a complete balls-up. Glad you're intending to do your own background research, but personally I'm still not sold on your basic premise. I really dont think an original SG would against the Emperor because his primarch lost his life battling against Horus. I'm sure you can say 'what if X and Y...' and as there is no official fluff specifically against its happening you can always argue 'tell me where it says this never happened', but it just doesnt feel right in my head.

But its your story, your DIY, and your models after all, so dont let that stop you. Post up your DIY, I might drop by with some constructive criticism on details other than the basic premise that you might find useful.

Well hey we cant win them all :teehee: and I never expected to be able to convince everyone. But thank you I will appreciate the help.

I am still waiting for the explanation of why you would join something that killed the closest thing to a father you ever had, more especially so if you loved him.

0b :verymad:

The explenation has been givin a number of times

Archived