Here is my list:

Sanguinor

Dante

12x Death Company/jump packs & 3x power fist

Death Company dreadnaught/Blood Talons & heavy flamer - drop pod

10x assault Marine/jump packs, 2x meltagun, thunderhammer & stormshield

3x Sanguinary Priest/jump packs, infernus pistols & power swords

2x Chaplain/jump packs & infernus pistols

Just about 2000 points straight up. Death Company dreadnaught does not work well in this army because of the drop pod rule (automatically comes in on turn 1), so I am planning to drop him & take some landspeeders & more power fists in his place. I really love the DC dread very much but like I said he is basically nothing more than a fire magnets. I tried to drop him in on the periphary of the enemy battlelines but since you can now shoot through drop pods he is hard to hide and be placed in an ideal location. If anyone has some advice how to better use him I would be very interested to hear your thoughts!

One big key to this army is Dante & the list is built around him with his pinpoint precision landing plus his Hit & Run USR. In my previous test games versus IG Mech the army did suprisingly well with smart opponent driving their tanks backwards away from my insertion point. The army list greatly benefits from rerolling for reserves & the 1d6 scatter when deep striking. I only have one sergeant in the list so he is an automatic for Sanguinor's Chosen. This was a great aid to the assault squad. Basically you have to table your opponent in objective based games and it's feasible due to an all jump list.

I ran the units as follows:

Dante & Chaplain & Priest & DC

Assault squad & Chaplain & 2x Priest

I really like Sanguinor even though he did not do that well for me. I was running him unsupported & he died to small arms fire. Next time I will run him behind the big block of DC.

The assault squad was amazing, very useful as a follow up unit to get rid of cheap units throw off the DC. Dante with the large DC were awesome & this unit reminded me of how I used to play back before the PDF codex. Basically I would drop behind a big tank, blow it up with melta pistols then multi assault the following turn. The big block can take a charge very well then hit & run to crush face with all the power fist attacks. This list pretty much tabled a SW/TWC/WG termie army killing everything by the end of the game except for one rhino. The assault squad then mopped up the rest. I really like this army a lot & will work on tweaking it. The SW game was the closest of the three so I felt very good about the results. Basically all my units are fearless & have FNP so they can soak small arms fire. I didn't use Sanguinor correctly and it will make a big difference brininging him in behind the DC. This list takes advantage of all the best features of the new codex.

0b :rolleyes:

very interesting walkthrough. I can't help to think of the results of 2 lucky hits from a vindicator. . .

The trick with succesful droppods is many pods.

T.

Certainly the extra point of armor would be very useful but I'd hate to have to give up fleet. The main problem with the dreadnaught in general for this list is I hold everything in reserve so the dreadnaught comes in first turn and is unsupported for a turn. I think if I were to have placed him a little bit farther back it might have helped some, because due to my placements yesterday my opponents would ride up in vehicles then shoot him. So he will need to be around 18" away, which in turn means he might not make it into an assault the following turn but will still have to move forward due to his Rage. I will try using him again and place him a bit further back to see if that helps.

0b ;)

Wouldn't running the dread at roughly the same forward position help as well? Doesn't that help with cover saves from the flank as well as make the which unit to shoot decision even harder?

Otherwise I think some speeders may work. The speed should work, but I'm not sure the firepower would be a great addition. They also suffer from going down quicker than a dread.

The speeders would be there simply to provide some cover for the jump infantry.... Just keep them cheap as possible for a screen.

I am now thinking if I were to drop the DC dread and scale down the assault squad a bit I would have the points for one Stormraven. Either the Sanguinor or the assault squad and one Priest could ride in it. The Stormraven would add some much needed long range AT.

I am definitely planning to playtest the list some more this week. The basic core will remain the same.

0b :D

Here is the revised list:

Sanguinor

Dante

Chaplain/jump pack, inferno pistol, meltabombs

Chaplain/jump pack, inferno pistol

Priest/jump pack, inferno pistol, meltabombs

Priest/jump pack, inferno pistol, meltabombs

Death Company x15/jump packs, 4x power fist

Assault squad x5/meltagun, stormshield & thunderhammer

Stormraven/extra armor, twin linked lascannon, twin linked multi-melta

0b :D

This list looks a lot like it is made to wipe the enemy off the board. The 5 man RAS won't be able to be relied upon to take a victory location.

So, a small idea:

Replace Sanguinor with Astorath

Go for a full DC list, as this removes the need for the Priests (except for Dante and the Chaps, but those have enough bodies between them and the enemies)

Add the DC Dread again and carry him around with the Stormraven to drop him wherever you want him.

Sounds like a cool list and does the same as your current needs to do to win: Wipe the enemy off the map.

I have been thinking of doing an all death company list here was my idea, tell me if it would work.

Astorath

Dante

Death Company x8

2x Power weapon

Thunder hammer

2x inferno pistols

Death Company x5

Power fist

inferno pistol

Razorback

TL asscan

Death Company x5

Power fist

inferno pistol

Razorback

TL asscan

Death Company Dread

Blood talons

How would this do, I was thinking of DS the jump pack unit with Astorath and Dante so that I could drop and get a tank or two. While I also move my two tanks up. The only problem is should I just take out the dread?

The more you combine Death Company units into one with as many power fists as possible the more it becomes a death star. I like to run Sanguinor for the extra attacks... basically 5 power fists equals 25 attacks on the charge... all rerolling hits and wounds... nothing can survive that.

I am not sold on running small squads in lightly armored transports and a walking DC dread I dont think is worth the points.

I have decided to swap out one of the generic Chaplains in my list for Lemartes... more bang for the buck there.

0b :P

Here is my list:

Sanguinor

Dante

12x Death Company/jump packs & 3x power fist

Death Company dreadnaught/Blood Talons & heavy flamer - drop pod

10x assault Marine/jump packs, 2x meltagun, thunderhammer & stormshield

3x Sanguinary Priest/jump packs, infernus pistols & power swords

2x Chaplain/jump packs & infernus pistols

Just about 2000 points straight up. Death Company dreadnaught does not work well in this army because of the drop pod rule (automatically comes in on turn 1), so I am planning to drop him & take some landspeeders & more power fists in his place. I really love the DC dread very much but like I said he is basically nothing more than a fire magnets. I tried to drop him in on the periphary of the enemy battlelines but since you can now shoot through drop pods he is hard to hide and be placed in an ideal location. If anyone has some advice how to better use him I would be very interested to hear your thoughts!

One big key to this army is Dante & the list is built around him with his pinpoint precision landing plus his Hit & Run USR. In my previous test games versus IG Mech the army did suprisingly well with smart opponent driving their tanks backwards away from my insertion point. The army list greatly benefits from rerolling for reserves & the 1d6 scatter when deep striking. I only have one sergeant in the list so he is an automatic for Sanguinor's Chosen. This was a great aid to the assault squad. Basically you have to table your opponent in objective based games and it's feasible due to an all jump list.

I ran the units as follows:

Dante & Chaplain & Priest & DC

Assault squad & Chaplain & 2x Priest

I really like Sanguinor even though he did not do that well for me. I was running him unsupported & he died to small arms fire. Next time I will run him behind the big block of DC.

The assault squad was amazing, very useful as a follow up unit to get rid of cheap units throw off the DC. Dante with the large DC were awesome & this unit reminded me of how I used to play back before the PDF codex. Basically I would drop behind a big tank, blow it up with melta pistols then multi assault the following turn. The big block can take a charge very well then hit & run to crush face with all the power fist attacks. This list pretty much tabled a SW/TWC/WG termie army killing everything by the end of the game except for one rhino. The assault squad then mopped up the rest. I really like this army a lot & will work on tweaking it. The SW game was the closest of the three so I felt very good about the results. Basically all my units are fearless & have FNP so they can soak small arms fire. I didn't use Sanguinor correctly and it will make a big difference brininging him in behind the DC. This list takes advantage of all the best features of the new codex.

0b :P

drop the DC dread and 2 DC + 1 PF. pick up a SG unit kitted out (IPs, PFs n chapter banner), give it a priest, and you have 3 assault points, and 3 units dante can attach to and HnR with.

Archived