The spacehulk army launch?

Niiai

Hi. I have the spacehulk, and I am almoast finsihed painting them. I REALY like them, but I am tierd of painting little plastic men.

Would it be posible to come up with a good army list using the spacehulk terminators as a place to start?

And how would one make a good list and paint as few models as possibe? (I think it would be a very elite army, no?)

Well you need a few more termies to make full squads since you only have 2 assault terminators.

Baring that yes to get as few models as possible you could use Death Company as your 2 troop and only have to paint 6 Marines if you want LOL. Fill out Three 5 Man Terminator squads and then fill with Maphiston and tanks since you can take tanks in Fast and Heavy you should be able to get up to a good amount of points worth of Blood Angels. Not sure it would work well but it won't be to many models to paint LOL.

I recently bought the Space Hulk Terminators and am currently doing some mild conversion work on them. Along with the Black Reach Terminators and a Chaplain Terminator that should come to over 1000 pts. I will be converting the Space Hulk Sgt to a Sanguinary Priest. I have already swapped a few arms between the two sets. I think they look good. I do wonder how long it's going to take me to get around to painting them though.

Hey Niial,

Dare I suggest this, but one of the common ways to do 'elite' armies involving mostly terminators is to use the SW codex for a Wolfwing army. Karlaen (Logan Grimnar) as the HQ and then Wolf guard are troops (who may be terminators) and even better, these may mix up the weapons within squads. i.e. Gideon can lead a unit of regular terminators (but surely he's Arjac).

Just a thought,

GotR

That is a good suggestion too! Wolf wing is tight!

However, if you wanna go BA heres the place to start.

Firstly, I think you'd need to grab yourself some more minis. Minimum of 3.

This will allow you to flesh out your assault squad terms.

Heres where you can go.

Librarian - term arm. (rage/fear) - 135

Corbulo (A great addition to a termy army, since hes walking anyway - however if you want to deepstrike youre in trouble. 105

8 TERM - Assault Cannon 350

5 TERM - 3 TH, 2LC - 215

Raider - 250

5 RAS - pw, mg

Razor - TLAC

10 RAS - pf, mg, mg

Baal - AC/HB

Pred- Atn/LC

Thats 1750 - very light on troops, but quite sturdy and great shooting, and great fighting.

Its not the best list, but its a start- and makes use of what you have.

Archived