sternguard modeling

i'm about to start modeling a sternguard (counts as deathwatch) squad for my scythes of the emperor force, looking through the codex entry i see they aren't armed with close combat weapons. i was planning on modeling them all with a variety of ccw's to give them a more specialized look.

would this be allowed/accepted under wysiwyg maybe to count as the 2 base attacks?

I recently modelled a load of Sternguard with robes as I'm a DA Successor, but one of the 'basic' Sternguard I modelled holding his bolter in one hand a combat knife in the other, so go for it if you think it'll look look. Just make sure their bolters are clearly represented, and I'd suggest scopes, purity seals, possibly Rhino Storm bolter ammo and Vet markings.

Just because it doesn't mention they have CCW, doesn't mean you cant model them on. I had a marine with a power axe and a chainsword and the bolter is on the ground next to him. I simply say that he dropped it for holdign 2 weapons.

Ha! CC weapons sounds like vanguard to me...I would say go ahead and put whatever you want on them...if they are :lol: enough you could even say they are both...when they want to be! Put power axes on their backs and a bolter in their hands and they could kill anything they want!

Archived