Welcome me back, what do I need to get next?

Hi, a little about myself. I played Blood Angels as my one and only army for 13 years. When the White Dwarf codex came out, I didn't like the direction GW was going, by simplifying everything, so I sold them and bounced around to a couple different armies, that I had fun painting, but none of them tuck. Well BA are back and I like the new codex, and the most recent other codeces, so I am restarting 40k. I will only be getting this one army, as I am more of a fantasy man now. I'd like to go all or most jump packs, but I am open to ideas. So far I have:

Dante

10 sang guard

5 DC

10 Vanguard

5 RAS

what do I need to pick up next to round out this army, and any ideas on assembling the squads with weapon layouts would be appreciated. so flamers here, so inferno pistols or melta guns there. I'd like to gear it to fight orks well, but also mechanized fast armies well, I feel they are the two dominant forces in the game these days, so I should prep for them. Plus I have always had problems with eldar and tau skimmers, shocking me off the objective last turn and forcing a draw. I don't know how to stop that. What is a good BA solution to that. I also have trouble with ork hordes and hidden powerfists, and their ld. bonuses. BUt I feel I have a good idea how to counter that, and that BA will be well suited for that task, as long as I don't take too many expensive upgrades and have too few bodies on the table. But the fast vehicles and mech armies are a problem. Thanks you for your advice, I am a BA to stay now, it's good to see them back as a really cool army, that WD codex was disrespectful to one of the oldest armies in the game.

You can either go "Bodies bodies bodies" or start meching up.

All of those units you have can take mech killing weapons. So assuming you want to build entirely around what you currently own, get some Vinicators, or baal predators or a devastator squad to to some horde thinning at range.

Otherwise, you can get more RAS guys with Sanguinary priests to have them not get shot off the table, or get drown out in melee.

I recommend trying out Dreadnoughts with talons if you are going the bodies route. Put it in a Drop pod for a locator beacon for the Vet Vanguard to hop in on.

Read the codex, make a 1500 pt army list, then go from there. Get everything you have now painted first. Are you going for an all Sanguinary Guard army? Thats the first thing I think when I see that you have Dante and some Sanguinary Guard.

Archived