Death CO. models as regular assault marines?

Hi, I have a 5 man box of RAS and of course need a squad of ten, I got a new DC 5 man box too, and I'm not anymore planning on running DC in my list, it's going to be characters + RAS, VV and SG. I was wondering do you think if I mixed the DC box and the RAS box if that would make a good looking RAS squad that is very Blood ANgelly, or would it just look like DC painted red? I've spent all I've got for this army at the moment and am eager to start playing with what I have got. I am hoping it would make a nice looking RAS squad, maybe make them less vanilla. WHat is your opinions on this, I'm not the world's best painter, converter or judge of these things, but this is going to be my one and only 40k army, so I want it to look really nice. I'm going to assemble everything so I can get to playing, but really take my time and do my darndest to paint them each and every model as best as I can. If you think this is a good idea, I will have one 10 man RAS, 2 5 man SG and a 10 man VV, plus dante and soon the sanguinor. and one Sang priest. enough to play and play well I think.

There are so many BA players who do this I can't even begin to tell you :tu: It's called kit-bashing, and will indeed give you a very Blood Angel-looking assault squad. It actually fits the fluff better too, since Blood Angels tend to have more ornate armour than other chapters.

In short, definitely go for it.

- Turel.

I used the DC kit to make Veterans, either Vanguard or sergeants. But no reason you can't spread the great bits into regular guys too.

If I remember correctly, in the picture section of the new codex there are some regular marines made using the DC bodies at the very least.

(Sorry can't remember which page) These marines look OK to me not just red DC marines.

I am currently in the planning stages of a WIP Flesh Tearers list.. and it will consist of all marines being made from DC lists using the FT and the blood drop BA shoulderpads from Games Workshop (as I feel the ornate shoulderpads dont fit regular FT marines)

So yeah, it works! And if you only have 1 box with the 5 other RAS boxes.. consider using the DC boxes to more ornately fill out your RAS sergeants and special weapon carriers. As those kits really are great to show the more veteran or specialized troopers of your army.

It'll work fine - I used the legs and more ornate pads to make some Sanguinary Priests, and I've spread the rest of the bits across the army to either re-equip them in line with the new Codex, or just bling them up a bit.

Any crosses that are sculpted on (there's at least one hand and a couple of jump-packs, iirc) I would just do in yellow to match the Assault helmets. And if you spread it across the army it becomes less DC-specific and just a BA theme.

As has been said above, it can definately add some nice flavour and character to models, and if used sparingly with other kit-bashes it can provide a nice subtle difference to regular marines, whilst also going a long way with bits.

I have personally made Vanguard and Sternguard veterans, as well as some sergeants and regular Assault Marines using bits from the box, I've found the shoulder pads are briliant, and some of the legs/torsos and heads can be used very well to either add "bling" to regular marines or show more ornate styling on Sgts and Veterans.

So yeah, I think it would look very cool to use the DC box bits in any squad in a BA army really :-)

FOXX

I actually used my DC kit to build my honor guard, and I stretched out the rest of the bits into my sternguard, RAS, priests, and characters. Eventually I'll be picking up a sanguinary guard box to convert into Vanguard... and use converting one of those nifty wrist mounted pistols to convert up a Vulkan for if and when I play codex marines with someone other than shrike.

Archived