Golden Demon entries - how close to Codex Legal?

I have an (awesome) idea to combine the Sternguard squad with the older second ed Veteran squad for my GD entry, but Sternguard can't take e.g. Lightning Claws or CCWs, only on the sergeant.

Now if the majority of the models are "Official" Sternguard would this be ok? Or what if the squad was actually an Honour Guard squad - could this curt Ice? Noting that none of the Honour Guad actually have Lightning Claws or Power fists?). This dilema is causing me a paint-block atm (a painful condition) as I am loathe to start painting models I may not end up using in a particular colour-scheme/style of painting?

Kind regards

Hemal

If you are painting a squad then yes. Not sure I am allowed to quote the rules from the GW website here. If not then apologies to the mods

CATEGORY 2 - WARHAMMER 40,000 SQUAD

This category is for Warhammer 40,000 squads or squadrons of five or more models. This is also the category for Epic 40,000 detachments and includes gangs and mobs from Necromunda. All squads must be “legal” in game terms. Judges will be looking for units that best exemplify the qualities and character of the army they represent.

This category DOES include squadrons of bike-mounted models provided they are organized into a unit of five or more models. Larger vehicle models should be entered into Category 3. All models should be mounted on an appropriately sized gaming base.

Hmm - thats a bummer - I'm sure I've seen "illegal" builds place and even get demons in teh past. Or the laternative would be to use teh Wolfie-Dex I suppose - apretty much any squad I can come up with is legal with that codex...

Archived