Heart of Iron Pt3

PART 1 CAN BE READ HERE: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=169940&hl=

PART 2 CAN BE READ HERE: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=202331&hl=

HEART OF IRON

PART 3: COLLISION REPORT

BY: COMMANDER SKAAV

Computer active... Message directive alpha... response package delta...

Referencing Collision Report: Hazardous anomaly detected... hostile intelligence detected... lock down imminent... contain trans-dimensional tear...

This is Technician Javens of the C<static>N project, broadcasting on the <static> uly <static> thousand and <static>elve. The experiment was a success, in fact too much of a success. The primary collision allowed us to ascertain certain elements of our goal, but no results related to the primary function of the Lar <static> ron <static> ider came to light.

We have though opened up something else... oh god... we have opened up a portal to hell. I'm hiding in my <static>, at this very moment. At the activation of the second stage, they poured through a tear in reality, horned devils each with a sword as black as jet.

One of them, who appeared to be the leader, a cloaked devil who appeared to travel on a mound of skulls, called out for all the creatures to carry out bloodshed in the name of their lord and master K<static>ne, they decapitated my fellow workers, they took their skulls as trophies for some form of throne. I know I'm next, they are relentless, they will do anything it appears to please their master, who ever he is.

No... They're trying the door, it's barricaded, and I doubt they are too strong... wait, I can see them on the screen... Oh my god! They have a creature with them... it's... it looks like a mechanical rhino covered in thick plates of brass armour; I think their going use it to break down the door!

I can't see them on the monitor... I can't see them... oh god... NOOOOO!

<static>.... <silence>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tolkar leaned back in his chair, and contemplated. "Is that all the information we have Commander?" he asked quizzically. Skaav nodded. Had the Warmaster had known about this development the Heresy would have perhaps gone his way.

The Chaos Lord shot forward, an angry glare on his face. "Tell me Commander, what the hell does this have to do with the Heart of Iron?" Skaav smiled "Perhaps, my lord, it has nothing to do with the "heart", and then again, perhaps it has everything!" Tolkar stood from his throne, summoned a Servitor towards him, and in a very unprovoked manner, simply decapitated the unsuspecting machine-man, of course many of the legion's followers had become used to seeing his master and friend in a fit of rage.

Yes Tolkar could be a calm and collected leader when he needed to be so, but it seemed this was perhaps the worst moment to reveal the information presented to him. Yes, the Iron Warriors had the Heart of Iron, yes they had the activation code, but they had yet to gain a carrier. Tolkar decided to negotiate with the now fuming Lord. "Think about it Ignatius, once we have the "Heart" back up and running, we can locate this machine, reactivate it, and release thousands of daemons upon Holy Terra, right under their feet."

Tolkar felt unconvinced. Why on earth would the people of ancient Terra build such a machine underground, deep beneath the planetary complexes? Unless of course it was meant to be for that purpose, a daemonic cult could muster an army right under their very noses. There must have been chaos cults on Holy Terra before the rise of the False Emperor.

Yes. This device must have been a weapon, built by the early worshipers of Chaos in order to unleash multiple hordes of daemons on the planet. Perhaps this could be used in his plans to conquer the galaxy after all. He knew that to have access to such a machine that powerful would make him perhaps more feared than the Warmaster.

He sat back in his throne, deep in further contemplation. Skaav waited for his master to respond further. An extremely uncomfortable silence filled the room; it seemed like an hour before the Chaos Lord chose to speak. "have our agent on Terra investigate and if possible, locate this infernal machine; it will create the perfect diversion whilst we carry out our!"

Tolkar clicked his heels together, bowed and made his way to the door of the chamber, leaving Tolkar to his thoughts. If these humans had succeeded in building such a machine, why had there been no mention of it in the histories of the Imperium. Perhaps the Imperium was oblivious to such a device, perhaps they had never even realised the danger right beneath their very feet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Mikhael Jervis cursed the day he fell foul of the Imperium. It was only a small misdemeanour after all, how was he to know the governors favourite Chimaera had only just returned from the forge. Still he had been demoted to captain, and now faced endless days on watch for an invisible enemy.

He should have cursed in his mind, rather than under his breath, but it was inevitable that the cold sharp knock of a pistol butt could be felt on the back of his head. "we will have enough of that captain, whilst under my command, you will follow my rules, is that clear?" Mikhael nodded, the voice came from a tall, medium built individual with a shock of black hair, and a scar running down his left cheek.

This then was the indomitable Commissar Gideon Vrekt, a man not to be reckoned with. "When in the Death Korps, you thank the Emperor for the very fact you are alive Captain, the Emperor spares you for greater things!" He moved towards the edge of the trench, and viewed through the scope. The field of battle had been quiet for some time, not once had the enemy shown themselves. He realised it would be a matter of time before they would try again.

They would come in their hordes, each baying names against the Emperor, in their thousands, these were warriors that knew no mercy what so ever. They were the servants of the Chaos powers, and he would see them destroyed. An eye for an eye as he had said so often to his own men.

He turned back towards the trenches nearby junction with a supply line, he saw two figures approaching him, one robed and with ornate chest plate, another in highly decorated power armour. He groaned for he knew of whom they represented. He approached them. "Commissar Vrekt?" the smaller of the two men gave him a piercing stare, almost as if attempting to read Vrekt's mind "I am he, and just how am I able to assist a member of the Emperor's Ordo Malleus?"

Daedalus awoke with a start. Had he been dreaming, it had seemed so real to begin with any way. Perhaps a member of the Imperium's finest was not supposed to sleep; after all, he did have the ability to deactivate half his mind to rest it in the first place.

The sunlight reflected from his power armour, kept on a stand of similar height and build to his own personal physique. The doorway to his quarters slid open, and in walked Helios. "Ah, you are awake commander, perhaps I should pass my report to you now?" Daedalus smiled, of all the Chaplains in all the Chapters, he had to get the one with an organisational complex. Not a bad thing really, but it could get a little repetitive.

Daedalus waved him to continue, these reports were in his mind a pointless task. It was the sort of information any one could gain from the information network. His Chaplain scrolled through the entire list, when all of a sudden, something caught the Commander's attention "Helios, can you repeat that last item for me?", Helios drew breath, and read out the entry...

"Iron Warriors activity increased around the Gebolrhan sector, suspicious activity documented around the primary planet" What were they up to? What to them was so important about the region? He had heard reports of a recent attack upon the planet by the traitors, the problem being that Gebolrah was an insignificant agri-world, and yet the Iron Warriors struck a might blow against the governor and his people!

He beckoned for the in-depth report to be brought to him, a strange tale unfolded before his eyes, of a battle that to him at first glance seemed nothing more than a regular conflict. Except something to him felt out of place. True the Iron warriors were well known for their usage of Berserkers, but this battle seemed to consist of only them, as if a diversion for something much larger.

Helios decided to break the silence that had occurred "Might I inform you sir, that we have had one other message transmitted to us, a member of the Emperor's Inquisition is to attend our next chapter house meeting, it appears they have received some information of the utmost urgency, and it appears to relate to the information we have received in regards to the Iron Warriors."

Daedalus nodded, he disliked the Inquisition, yet at the same time, he had respect for them, it has been a long road for the Son's of Drachus Space Marine chapter, it was recorded that some of their own men had fought in the recent conflict on Gebolrah, yet not a word had been received from any survivors, a concerning development for all involved.

The planet of Medrengard had become a hive of activity, great daemonic forges bellowed out smoke that choked the air with fumes and smog. Infernal machines some of which had only ever been seen in the throngs of the Blood Pact forces stood side by side, ready for use by traitor guard, whilst Dreadnoughts, Predators and Vindicators were prepared for the oncoming onslaught.

Imprisoned Defilers stood side by side with their unbound kin, the daemonic Soulgrinders, whilst Princes of Chaos converged around the might throne of Medrengard. Tolkar knew only one more piece of the puzzle would be needed, in order to gain the victory he and his master so greatly needed.

He needed a victim, one with the strength and tenacity that would allow the Iron Warriors enough time to get close enough to the enemy, in order to unleash the full horror of the device named as the Heart of Iron. There could only be one form of candidate, yes it would have to be a space marine. He thought to himself how perfect it would be if the "Heart" could be placed within the body of one of his own rival Chapters members, yes, perhaps a member of the Imperial Fists Chapter would be a worthy recipient.

It would be most ironic that the device they sought to destroy could be used against by planting it within their very ranks. The very ability of the Primarch's creation would bring the Chapter to its knees; it would cripple them beyond survival, hundreds of their loyalist kin, enslaved in their very minds by the machinations of the Legion.

The world of Holy Terra would be crippled on all sides, and if all went to plan, the other Chapters of the Astartes would be held or diverted by other coordinated attacks, on key worlds, all of which would be diversions. Yes the scheme of the fourth legion was coming to fruition, and it seemed no body could stand in their way.

HEART OF IRON PT4 can be read here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=202338&hl=

WARHAMMER 40,000

This Fan-Fiction peice is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

40k, Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Cityfight, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Dawn of War, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, the Fire Warrior logo, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, GW, GWI, the GWI logo, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2007, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

How on earth did you manage a triple post of a topic?!

WHAT IN THE NAME OF TERRA! I only posted it once! I had been having problems with my internet recently, I never meant to post it three times! If there are any admins out there with such levels of deletion, please could the two "rogue" topics also called Heart of Iron pt3, be deleted!

Cheers.

(a concerned) C-S

I have successfully located the two "rogue" topics, and have accordingly marked them as "Dead Topics", with a link to this, the correct and final genuine topic, should any one happen to visit the pages.

Archived