Days of Darkness: A Dawn of War Campaign

The Normish

Sure. I've got a few lying around.

Blood Raven Space Marine (1st Actual sketch with tablet.)

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/8388/bloodraven.th.jpg

Chaos Lord (2nd 40k related sketch. I might get around ti finishing some year.)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8140/chaoslord.th.jpg

Grey Knight (3rd 40k sketch and still a WIP. Probably finish this week.)

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2912/greyknight.th.jpg

I'll get back to you tomorrow on that, Reaper297, I have to study for Mid-terms, but take a look at the first proposed scene (or look in my albums for "Artwork - Imperium Triumphant"). Something like that, perhaps?

EDIT: Sorry, misspelled your name.

Alrighty then. Mapping shall continue. The artwork has been going well. I'm still working on the layout of it but I think I've gotten something good figured out. Alas I have no screens for it due to a short school week and bomb threats to said school, but as soon as I have the time I will upload screenies for your viewing.

Alrighty then. Mapping shall continue. The artwork has been going well. I'm still working on the layout of it but I think I've gotten something good figured out. Alas I have no screens for it due to a short school week and bomb threats to said school, but as soon as I have the time I will upload screenies for your viewing.

Bomb threats? How distressing. Twice I got held up at the same airport because there was a suspect package (and once at a subway station).

Just popping in to provide an update.

I've started up mapping yet again so I should have some pictures up soon. I also have scrapped the old Guard Falls map and have started another one. As it stands I have to go through and put in objects and decals and all that good stuff, but that shouldn't take that long. Anyway that's all for now.

Just popping in to provide an update.

I've started up mapping yet again so I should have some pictures up soon. I also have scrapped the old Guard Falls map and have started another one. As it stands I have to go through and put in objects and decals and all that good stuff, but that shouldn't take that long. Anyway that's all for now.

Sounds good to me!

Say, do you have anything to say about what Obi and I discussed? I think he has some good ideas, but before I sit down and focus on this project with complete and utter attention, considering all ideas for the first official idea set, I'd like input from the rest of the project memebers.

Also, deadlines.

Think we can have a couple of levels done by December? As in, programming, fluff, and maps?

I've scanned through the discussions and like most of the ideas you guys have put forward. Speaking of which I'll need to code up that commissar Lyons.

I think I could get a couple maps done by December. I might need someone to write up some scripts or something for the Nis sequences, but I don't see any other real problems.

Also when I get to the actual SCAR code, do you want this to be player vs computer or player vs player?

I'm asking if the missions are going to be player vs player kind of missions(Like skirmish) or player vs computer(Singleplayer) I just want to check and make sure that you wanted a singleplayer style map or if it should be multiplayer and balanced.

Nis stands for Non Interactive Sequence. Pretty much just a fancy way to say cutscene in dawn of war modding. I'm not sure if they can be done in multiplayer, as a player could skip them I think and that would give them an unfair advantage. There was a thread not to long ago with this exact discussion, so I'll take a look and see what's possible within multiplayer.

Nis stands for Non Interactive Sequence. Pretty much just a fancy way to say cutscene in dawn of war modding. I'm not sure if they can be done in multiplayer, as a player could skip them I think and that would give them an unfair advantage. There was a thread not to long ago with this exact discussion, so I'll take a look and see what's possible within multiplayer.

Then the obvious thing to do is make the cut-scenes mandatory. Everyone playing has to watch them.

Also, I'm going to be working on this today (I promise!) and I'll try to incorporate some of the stuff we've been working on with Obi and some ideas of my own. How's the artwork coming along, incidentally?

Ok I've returned bearing news. The first map is nearly completed. I've got a day or so of work left on it then comes the code and the next maps. Should have at least 3-4 maps done by December.

@ The Normish: That's the problem though. I'm not sure if it's possible to make a cutscene mandatory. That's why I've been looking for that thread. It discussed nis sequences in multiplayer. Sadly I haven't found the blasted thing yet. :)

I'll post a question about it and see if someone can provide some answers.

As for the artwork, I actually haven't worked on it since the last update. I'll get back on that this week however.

@ziibiin: What position are you looking to fill?

Alright then, Reaper297, but you'll have to wait until the holidays for me to be able to review those maps as far as game-play goes (not having your won computer, as I've stated before, is a severe impediment)

ziibiin, do you mean you haven't played Dawn of War? how would you like to help us?

Sorry it has taken so long. Here is some background for Mission 1, obviously it is a WIP.

It was dawn of the third day of the battle for Marsheebi was well under way. All but one of the Imperial Bastions had been destroyed; utterly annihilated in the Necrons relentless and merciless onslaught. Appearing from no where dozens of their powerful warmachines -the 'Monolith'- struck directly at Imperial bases, Necron warriors pouring out from the Xenos behemoths. At the time Lord General Peosa was off world -leading a campaign against the rebel Governor Xerus- and so the command of what remained of the Marsheebi PDF was left to the fiercely loyal yet humble Commissar Alcian Lyons. It was clear that the situation was beyond salvageable and that the only option left was to lead a tactical retreat to the mountain Citadel -and only remaining bastion-; Fortress of Resilience. From there nearby Imperial forces could be contacted for immediate assistance or if necessary a glorious death in the name the Emperor could be made possible. Commissars Lyons dedication and determination had saved many of the remaining Masheebi PDF and civilians, ensuring the latter were evacuated from their hab blocks and work places before the merciless Necrons arrived.

Not bad, I can see it working with some refinement. However, I wouldn't say Peosa was off-world, and I don't think that the Governor was a traitor (I think I mentally listed him off as KIA when Chaos invaded the Primary Hive; although this may be more interesting), but you could say he was busy dealing with civilian evacuations and administrative stuff.

This early on, the only threat are the Necrons. It is only after they throw Guard forces into disarray that Chaos and the other forces make their entrances. So perhaps the Governor is holding the General in a bureaucratic mess, and is then revealed to be a heretic when Chaos gets there?

Archived