Oooh Shiny!

cptphoenixck

Is any one else finding the sheer amount of choice a little bit confuddling? Only I'm often finding myself fielding far too many of the new toys and not enough troops, having a blast but failing miserably.

I even tried theming my army and that only made me miss things like the storm raven etc.

I like the new codex but for the life of me cant seem to bring myself to field a decent army under 3000pts

Anyone else finding this a problem (as it were :HQ: )?

I was. I saw the great new psychic powers and had to have a librarain. But he's not choppy enough on his own, so I had to have a reclusiarch.

The idea of fast preds and Vindicators is great, lets grab them too.

And Furiosos, need them.

Not to mention the Storm Raven (whose existence I try to ignore to avoid more issues).

It can be difficult. Took me a while to do, but you have to decide what is important and focus on that. To me what is important is lots of jump troops (20 RAS, 8 Vanguard, Reclusiarch, and one Sanguinary Priest). To keep them alive, you need some distractions/vehicles to block LOS and provide shootiness (Razorback carrying another unit, 2 Vindicators, Pred, Baal).

At this point I'm out of points, the rest of the shiny toys have to stay home.

I did an indepth look at my own army building in my blog if you need more information. (particullarly here and here

Lol...well it is better to be spoiled for choice than only having one or two units to choose from that might work.

Yeah I am loving our choices but does mean I want to play 3 times as many games to try different lists with new toys in :HQ:

Am hoping my FLGC has a Blood Angels V all comers apocalypse game soon so they can all be thrown down at once!

The only real part I have problem with is choosing an HQ. I find it so hard to decide between a Librarian or Reclusiarch. I finally went for the Reclusiarch though, as he is going to support my DC and I shoehorned a furioso lib into the list.

I struggle with the Elites slot. I love Termies, so I want some of those. I play Tycho cos I think his background is great, and Sternguard seem to be the most logical unit for him to join. I need my obligatory Sanguinary Priests. I want 2 Furious Dreadnoughts, and a Chaplain. Wait, that's 7 Elites choices. Can't even field them all in Planetstrike....

I struggle with the Elites slot. I love Termies, so I want some of those. I play Tycho cos I think his background is great, and Sternguard seem to be the most logical unit for him to join. I need my obligatory Sanguinary Priests. I want 2 Furious Dreadnoughts, and a Chaplain. Wait, that's 7 Elites choices. Can't even field them all in Planetstrike....

Elites are one I don't struggle with. I bring 2 priests most of the time. That's it. Occasionally I'll bring out a Furioso Librarian.

Same here it's like I have a brand new list with each game, Oh I actually do have a brand new list every game!

So hard choosing what to put in, but its quite fun on the flip side if you like pouring over the dex.

I guess we're not used to being this spoilt for choice having had the PDF for so long? Or maybe we were that spoilt when the PDF came out and the feeling faded as it grew older and we saw shiny new dexes hitting the shelves? Who knows? I dont, only been playing for a year or so now :lol: Enjoy it while it lasts because when we find out zen lists we will have a rock hard army on the table I think!

Good times for BA

H

Agreed. Elites sure are hard. I currently have mine filled with 1 Priest, 1 Furioso Lib and 5 Sternguards (with combi-meltas), I'd love some terminators. :/ Especially if LR's are for Terminators only.

... but you have to decide what is important and focus on that.

This is pretty much the essence of what I went through after realizing that I can't have 3k points in an 1850 or 2k army.

For me, I want 2 RAS with jump packs as the center. After that, my HQ is either The Grim or a Reclusiarch. I also like to have at least one iconic Baal, and I debate about how many SPs to include. Those are the "must have" Beyond that, I start to fill in support, including a hammer (which has lately been DC+DC dread w/BT but may switch to HG or something else) and any other long range support I might need (tacticals? devs? another Baal?)

My problem is the point limit which is definitely a good problem to have since it means I have so many things I like to bring. As for Force Org slots, I hardly fill any of them, of if I do, it's just by chance and not a difficult choice. I actually think that in that regard we have one of the most flexible lists out there. Usually, there's something in another slot that can fill the same role.

Elites are easy, 3 Sanguinary Priests, and 2 Chaplains. Done. The part that I'm having trouble is the HQ's. Mephiston, Librarian, Reclusiarch....the list is too numerous to choose. At least I can have my Lemartes and Corbulo now without worrying about the HQ's....

You know I picked up my dad's copy of the Space Wolves just becuase I wanted to field multiple HQ's :)

Archived