Rest of the fallen hero

Some time ago, I was discussing here my idea about shrine to the Sanguinius atop of LR:C...And, after reading all the comments i got, my idea shifted slightly. I totally loved the idea of one brother to make it a tomb of a fallen captain!

But trouble were already creeping upon me...Some statues of marine guardians,some eagles and banners and stuff,yeah,but the main point should be: Sarcofagus or something along these lines...And here it comes, WHERE TO GET ONE? Only thing that really looks "sarcophagously" is Tomb king casket of souls and that is really,really out of question...Also, I am a poor Green stuff user so, where to find some good basis for a poor cap'n sarcophagus?

Ideas welcomed...

Make a basic frame with spare sprue bits, stick plasticard sides to it, put in some window putty and press a marine captain into the putty till he's half submerged (think like the stone coffin covers of medieval knights or Han Solo in Carbonite). Bobs your uncle.

(Poss use SG bits to make your captain, but give him normal arms and a bolter across his chest, possibly with his power sword /SS at the base of the coffin?)

Archived