Angelic Crusaders

I am going to begin the modeling process of my DIY BA successors. My chapter is kind of confusing as in composition terms my army is made up of SG with GK allies that are represented as members of the same chapter. Now model wise I am wanting them to be knightly angels and so I am wanting to combine the sanguinary guard with the Black Templar upgrade sprue. The question I have is will these sprues work together fitting wise? I know the BT shoulder guards are kind of bulky so will there be any problems with the wings and the shoulder guards? the torsos and the jump packs? the SG legs and the BT tabards?

Has anyone done this already? or does anyone have the bits to tell me if it would work?

You are in luck. I am converting 20 minis with a combination of SG and BT bitz, and I am glad to help.

The Templar shoulder pads are actually a little less bulky than the Sang Guard ones, and the Templar "regular" torso fronts also work well with the Sang Guard torsos. The only issue is the BT Upgrade Sprue only has 2 non-tabard torso fronts per sprue (with 2 sprues per box) and so you will need to use some normal PA torso fronts, or some of the Sang Guard ones. As for the tabards, I believe that the only set of legs that work without issue with the tabards are the set of legs that have the BA chapter symbols on the greaves. I do not believe that the tabard torsos will work with any other legs.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

You are in luck. I am converting 20 minis with a combination of SG and BT bitz, and I am glad to help.

The Templar shoulder pads are actually a little less bulky than the Sang Guard ones, and the Templar "regular" torso fronts also work well with the Sang Guard torsos. The only issue is the BT Upgrade Sprue only has 2 non-tabard torso fronts per sprue (with 2 sprues per box) and so you will need to use some normal PA torso fronts, or some of the Sang Guard ones. As for the tabards, I believe that the only set of legs that work without issue with the tabards are the set of legs that have the BA chapter symbols on the greaves. I do not believe that the tabard torsos will work with any other legs.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Hmm would the tabards work with a little shaving on the leg bits? And I am actually only going to use the tabards for my higher ups in me army and probably my terminators.

You should post pictures when your done

Archived