get off my lawn and OWW my hip moments

Demoulius

hello fellow BA brothers!

a little while ago someone commented on the special rules Dante SHOULD have an included the "get off my lawn!" and "ow my hip!" special rules amongst them :P

i was wondering if people ever had any of those kinda moments?

for example ive had an "oww my hip" moment with an chaplain of mine. back in the day that we still could use the marine codex to suplement our blood angel codex and predating the *shudders* pdf dex. i had bought an chaplain with d3+3 DC marine and i happily jumped them around and maimed things ;) this particular game though my chapy got a dangerous terrain test and since i somehow forget to buy him frags the guardsmen got to hit first. they wounded him twice and i proceeded to fail both :D

somewhat more recent: my tactical squad with attached SP have seen numerous games in which i place them on an objective and just proceed to knock the socks off from whatever tries to tell them they cant do that :P not really a moment but more a bundle of moments ;) so far theyve killed thusfar: dozens of ork boyz, about 40-50 or so. a full unit of tactical marines that oh so happily droppodded next to them to wreck a vindi and fail. got shot at and charged and died to a man before they could even hit back.

so any other such stories? please, do tell :D

You take the lawn as the Imperium, and you've got an exact picture of Dante's entire life (and every single space marine BTW).

And if you're a bad teenager with rebelious thinkings like going to play onto the perfectly mowed green grass, and/or killing the house cat as an offering to a chaos god, you've got exactly that: Dante grandpa' coming out of the sky "with a master crafted power axe who can hop from squad to squad with his scoring body guard"...

:) :D :)

I've had an "ow I broke my hip" moment with mephiston recently. For some reason he just could not use his psychic powers and then failed to charge through dificult terrain when he finally did. Then he got mauled by wolfguard terminators.

"Ow my hip" moments in the same game for both Dante and Mephiston:

Dante: was basically point blank to the rear of a Leman Russ and rolled a 1 to hit with the Inferno pistol. He redeemed himself by charging it and destroying it with a krak grenade. :P

Mephiston: went to use wings of Sanguinius to keep up with an assault squad and rolled Perils of the Warp on his psychic test. After being stranded out in the open, he proceeded to get shot by an autocannon and failed both his artificer armor and FNP rolls. Then he overheated his plasma pistol and failed his artificer armor roll... :P

heh i played in a doubles tournament a while back and in the last game my opponent used a winged tyrant (old codex rules btw)

he shrugged off armour and cover saves from ebverything we shot at him but eveyr time he moved he lost a wound to dangerous terrain test :devil: by the end of their turn 2 he only had 1 wound left ( IIRC we only took one of with shooting, he did the rest himself :P )

My best Datne "Ow my Hip" moment was literally years ago.. back when Dante was still a brand-spanking-new model.

I had him with huge HG in a 1500 point army, so he was about half my army, used as my Hammer while my tact squads advanced so to speak.

Well, I was fighting this Chaos Marines army and they were nice and dug in. So I think: let's be smart and deep strike behind his army, close enough to assault soon, far enough away to be safe from scattering.

And then I rolled double 6 and scattered right onto the CM's bunker. Dante + HG all splattered over the side of that bunker, half my army gone because of 1 bad role.

You must know, I screamed like a little girl from happiness when I found out Dante doesn't scatter anymore ;-)

aany stories that dont just involve dante? like the tyrant's hip moment on terrain? ^_^

i had once had a get off my lawn moment with a sargeant from an assault squad. he was fighting a nob, both models were the last one left from combat. so 3 attacks, nob down to 1 wound so i needed 1 4+ to wound....yea.....needless the say the nob said no and pummeled my sargeant :( so it was more a hip moment i guess ;)

aany stories that dont just involve dante? like the tyrant's hip moment on terrain? :lol:

i had once had a get off my lawn moment with a sargeant from an assault squad. he was fighting a nob, both models were the last one left from combat. so 3 attacks, nob down to 1 wound so i needed 1 4+ to wound....yea.....needless the say the nob said no and pummeled my sargeant :D so it was more a hip moment i guess :lol:

Hmmm...a "Get off my Lawn!" moment. That would probably be the first outing of my Thunderwolf mount Lord. Squad of 30 slugga boys on an objective. I charged my Lord in,he wipes out 5 with 6 attacks.survives the counterattack. Enemy turn my saga of the warrior born kicks in,I have 10 attacks (+1 for every person I killed the round before) Roll really well that round,hit and kill all 10. Take a wound but still have two left. This time around I have 15 attacks,hit and kill 11 of them. Rest run,I sweep them. Ork player is very much unamused.

Archived