Any ideas for an alternative Astorath?

Grail Knight

Hello brothers

the rules for astorath are awesome, but the figures is to chaotic for my taste and army... he looks to me more like a khorne champion than a blood angel...

so far, I've been used a saint celestine figure as 'count as' but I want another model.

any ideas?

thanks!

I was running into this same problem. While the winged jump packs look great, they are a little bit too flashy for my army. I was thinking a tooled up chaplain with either a 2h sword or axe and jump pack would also work pretty well.

Thanks for your answers, brothers

I've been looking for some GW models, and Kosarro khan is the only one with a two handed sword

Maybe him with a jump pack could fit in my army, I'll tell you later if it works.

The Vanguard Veteran Sarge has a two-handed sword, and with a little converting would fit well.

Another thought is the Black Templar Emperor's Champion mini (he only wields his sword in one hand, but it is big enough to be a two-handed sword. Also, his rules are close to Astorath's).

I actually converted Astorath with a different helmet, no wings, and the Emperor's Champion's sword for use in my army.

Grail Knight:

Both Mini's of Khan, and Emporores work with a little conversion needed, but the reaper mini would better suit a Inquisitor, not a SM. It looks awesome but i agree it a bit to squishy looking.

heres's a good alt mini too... use the Sanguinor, but replace the sword with a axe, cut or, take out the grail in left hand, and -walla- a less chaos-looking astorath. Its the idea im doing for my Dante mini

Archived