All jump packers and scouts

ashen

Heya all,

I have been thinking about a few blood angels lists for a tournament here in Oz. Lists need to be 1200 points.

Basically I have been thinking of running a list made up of jump packers (3 assault squads, one honour guard) with one 5 man unit of scouts led by Astorath and a priest.

Has anyone else had any experience with jump pack lists?

Cheers for the advice,

Ashen

You do know that you're on the Blood Angels subforum, right?

Anyway, you want to be really unfair at 1200 points?

Try this:

The Sanguinor (or mephiston)

Troops:

Scout sniper squad- x5 marines, x4 sniper rifles, combi melta

Scout Sniper squad- x5 marines, x4 sniper rifles, combi melta

Scout sniper squad- x5 marines, x4 sniper rifles, combi melta

Ive seen this list or something like it at a really low points level. I don't remember the exact points for it off the top of my head. Sounds fun though!

Ya, I understand this is the blood angels forum, and I have been playing the angels for about 3 years, but took a pause until our new dex came out and I have not been able to have a game with them yet. SO, I was keen to see what peoples experiences seem to be. I've just mostly heard about 5 man assault squads in razorbacks.

If it helps at all my 1500pt list looks like this.

The Sanguinor

Honor Guard

-Company Standard

-Blood Champion

-Power Weapon

10 Man RAS

-2mg

-Vet w/ 2 LC and CS

10 Man RAS

-2mg

-Vet w/ 2 LC and CS

6 Man Scouts

-Camo Clokes

(CC or SR depends on opponet)

6 Vanguard Vets

-Sgt w/ 2 LC

-Powerfist

-Jump packs

2 Sanduinary Priests

-2 Jump packs

total: 1501

This list has worked very well for me. I mainly use the scouts to hold any objectives on my side of the board or as a fire base with sniper rifles. Everything else DS's onto the table. I always combat sqaud the RAS into 2-mg, 3 RAS and Sgt w/ 4 RAS bodyguard and priest. By doing this and deploying them carefully, my opponet is forced to decide between the tankbuster squad and the CC squad. Many people who have reviewed this list sad I didn't have enough tankbusing units and that i would be stomped; just be sure to remember every model has krack grenades and in CC always you always strike aganst rear armor. This list hasn't failed me yet.

I hope my experiences can be of help to you.

I had little competition last weekend using a jump pack assault army. I won 3 games and got a draw on another.

What I'd suggest is make sure you have a Sang' Priest for the Feel no Pain to help make your squad more survivable. Take Dante or a Chap/Reclusiarch for extra hitting power.

Archived