Old RTB Model

Greeting brothers,

I won this little guy off of Ebay a few months ago and am not sure what to do with him, but i'm planning on painting him up in the colours of a Rogue Trader chapter. The only thing that's been bugging me is whether this guy is meant to be a character or not.

Can anyone here shed light on how significant this model is?

gallery_26154_4148_1723066.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1723157.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1723073.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1723149.jpg

Thanks,

Cambrius

Defiantly RT era. It appears to be a standard Corvus Pattern Beakie (if I'm wrong about the Armour type, someone will correct me) with an unknown weapon. Am looking through my copy of RT and cant find a weapon like the one you have anywhere in the book.

So go ahead and make it some ancient tech that only you have.

The model is called Bolter 5, which tells you what weapon he's holding, and his GW stock number was 070121/42 — check page 10 of the Citadel Miniatures Catalog Section One from 1991.

defo RT era

was in the first blister pack of marines i bought ,along with the RT book and the RTB01 box set of plastics, to start me off as a little 14 year old.

pretty sure it was originally listed as a bolter. came in the same pack as a "captain", a "heavy laser" and a "bolter"

(yes, there were 4 models in a blister for £2.99......)

Definately an RT mini, there was a whole squad of them on the Land Raider page in the RT rulebook (also: 1991 is RT era, 2nd edition didn't come out until the latter end of 1993)

Right, I have decided to honour this old veteran that I will paint it up in the Rogue Trader colours of the B+C's Legio. It'll give me some fun over the summer along with Operation Reclamation. :D

Cambrius

Archived