Sanguinius

glider0880

Yeah I am kinda tempted to get one of him to run as a Sanguinator in freindly games if I ever decide to build a Sang guard army with Sanguinator Dante*the dude the Sanguinator is rumored to be and a load of sang guard :sweat: so much gold I would have to paint.

I actually have that model! I still think this is the closest looking Angel-esq model to fit Sang. It is about the right scale, the model fits all artwork in terms of armour style and even the animal furs in the art book. Only thing it lacks really is gems, the halo shield (which I always thought was kinda goofy anyway) and some shoulder pads.

But some green stuff work and it is about as close as we will ever see!

There was one from Ronin minis released, standing on some steps with his sword resting on the floor...But I personally HATE that model. Its is just awful.

That is the horrible sculpt I was talkin about haha. Just...I cannot describe how much I detest that model. It's accurate enough...But proportions are all wrong, and the face is just terrible.

This is the model I use for Sanguinius. If I ever work out how to post pictures up I will!! The only problem he has is, there's no armour!! :HQ: So I like to think of him as "just woken up and feeling a bit angry Sanguinius!!!"

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/angel.htm

awesome model, horribad on the table. heres why:

1. no IC, which means he cant hide in a squad

2. because of his huge size, without a squad, he will take every plas/melta/multi-laser/scatter laser in creation getting across the table, and won't be able to EVER hide. even a 2+/3+/EW will lose 3 wounds quick that way.

i bought 15 SG jump packs, but im skipping wings on all my HQ/IC etc, so that they still look good, but aren't HUGE targets on the table.

Wings and such do not count for LOS in the same was Backpack banners and the like don't count.

astorath, lemartes and sanginor are all above the level of a LR, without their wings, much less a rhino/rb. sorreh, new conversions needed in my forces.

Are they more than 50% visible over the Rhino and such? if not they are behind it that or just remove the silly scrolls and such.

models dont have to be obscurred. if you can see astorath's axe, you have LOS to fire las/plas/melta/rail blah blah at him. the physical model, regardless of wings, is a disadvantage on the table.

purdy? yup.

viable? nup.

nope - axe doenst count. You have to be able to see 'body'. So arms, head, legs, etc... Weapon doesnt count, nor do wings or banners, etc.

/\

|

|

this, you have to see the limbs or torso, wargear does not count (and wings are wargear as they let you move like jump infantry)

It says it's out of stock right now. Supposedly, there's an english version of the site, but it doesn't translate anything! I will write them to ask if they will have it (currently it's out of stock), the maker and if they ship worldwide. If you want me to ask something else, please tell me!

Archived