New DarkMech army ideas needed

I'm starting a Dark Mechanicus army and needed some ideas. I'm thinking of using Penal Legion rules for servitora and Veterans with carapace armour, supported by some mad mechanical creations. (chuckles, before muttering quietly to self.

Well, just like any other army list, think about what you want your army to do. For instance, will they have a lot of one type of unit and a little of everything else or will they be pretty evenly balanced? How will they fight, HtH or shooty? Will they have a lot of one type of weapon? (I, for instance, favor plasma in my AM lists) Is your army led by a specific type of tech priest? If it's a biologis he would use more flesh. If he's a cybernetica he would use more robots.

Hope this helps, but without a clearer picture of how YOU want to proceed, any help we could offer would be pointless.

• 1 year later...
Lobotomised hordes of captured marines or imperial guard which are remotely controlled. Very amusing. Slow, stupid and often unpredictable, yes; but why make use of your own resources when you can exhaust your enemies? This may allow you to 'capture' other players units for your use against your opponent.

Archived